corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Phone Blocking / Unlocking

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Phone Blocking / Unlocking
Ryan L

User status: Offline
16th Oct 04 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Say your phone get stolen, and you phone up the operator to block the phone and its locked. Is there anyway for the people who stole it to get it unlocked?
MikeE

16th Oct 04 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

others words u have a stolen phone and u want to know how u can un bar it

[Edited on 16-10-2004 by MikeE]
Ryan L

16th Oct 04 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no i want to know if the people who stole my phone will be able to make any use of it

damocorsa

16th Oct 04 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Claire

16th Oct 04 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They blacklist the phones serial number rather than blocking the phonen itself. So basically the networks just wont let it connect - I think
Dom

16th Oct 04 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Claire G
They blacklist the phones serial number rather than blocking the phonen itself. So basically the networks just wont let it connect - I think

yup, they block the IMEI number (well, arnt starting too anyways)...so it will be pretty much useless on all UK networks. However, you can re-programme phones to give them a new IMEI, but its illegal and i doubt you will find much info on it, but i can be done.
Other thing they will do is send them abroad, as they wont be blocked on foreign networks.
Je11ybubb1es

16th Oct 04 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
quote:
Originally posted by Claire G

yup, they block the IMEI number (well, arnt starting too anyways)...so it will be pretty much useless on all UK networks. However, you can re-programme phones to give them a new IMEI, but its illegal and i doubt you will find much info on it, but i can be done.
Other thing they will do is send them abroad, as they wont be blocked on foreign networks.

theres a place in mk city centre that unblock imei numbers and reset them for about £10, but when they do it they check to see if its stolen and they wont do it if it is. the main reason they are used is for if you've got a phone that will only accept vodafone sims and you want to use o2 etc.

dan's sister got given a new nokia by her friend from uni, and she gave it to her mum to get it unblocked so she could use orange, when her mum went to get it done they told her it was stolen. how embarrissing was that for her mum!!
John

16th Oct 04 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats not unblocking the imei number. Thats unlocking the phone from a network.
Lee 16v

16th Oct 04 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ lol
burnout

16th Oct 04 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used to unblock them by re programming the fone but now they only last about 2 month then they get re blocked then there no good unless like u say send it abroad.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Phone Blocking / Unlocking 23 database queries in 0.0166709 seconds