corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Insurers and Alloys

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurers and Alloys
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Oct 04 at 22:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went to the place where I insured my car today (collonade insurance) to give them a copy of my driving liscence, and while I was there - I asked them how alloys would affect my premium.

She replied with "I dont think your insurers will let you have them..

WTF?? - I thought they were my insures - but apparently they bought insurance off of someone, and sold it on to me - is this common?

Anyways, she rang "my insurers" and they said that as long as the alloys are the same size as my standard wheels, and have locking nuts, It wont matter, any bigger and they'll tell me to fcuk off

Im paying just under 1400 for a 12v fucking breeze, and I cant have wheels any bigger than 14"!!!

What should I do?

A - Get 15s/16s whatever and dont tell them

B - Wait till my years up and go with another insurance company

C - Ring up my actual insurers and talk to them directly, see if they can sort me out (I dont mind paying extra for some wheels, but I could do with a bit bigger than 14s!)

Cheers

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
James_DT

21st Oct 04 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could try ringing the underwriters directly, I can't see why the company wouldn't just charge you for bigger alloy wheels. You might want to consider changing, even if just to get the premium down, but not telling the insurance company isn't a clever idea.
Red_SXi

21st Oct 04 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get Irmscher 16" wheels, they could have been an option on the car as far as you was concerned
Kyle T
Premium Member

21st Oct 04 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers, what happens if you wanna end your years cover early (if u really wanna change insurers), I take it you are charged a cancellation fee, but what happens to your money (I payed for a years cover in one go).

Or is this not normally done, is it better just to stick with steelies till my covers out if bigger wheels rnt an option with these guys.

thanks

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Carr

22nd Oct 04 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i might be wrong but i think that by saying you cant have any bigger hweels i think they mean because of the difference in tyre size aswll so it adjusts your speedo.
if you can just compensate for any bigger wheels with tyre size i would have thought you would be alright

New Poll