corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Starting own business..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Starting own business..
Patrick

User status: Offline
21st Oct 04 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you go about doing this?

I know what I want to do, I know who I want to target and I have help in getting it started by proffesionals. Just need money.

I have around £10k to put into it but need a lump sum of around £100k.

I want to start up my own security company, if I could prove it would be successful would a bank hand over money?

Haven't a clue so if anyone has started a business greatful for advice. I'm obviously no where near starting it but just need to know where to start, who to contact etc..

Many thanks

Patrick.
Stuckey

21st Oct 04 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think you can go down the bank and speak to them about it, they will help you and give u money, i think

i know nothing on this subject btw
_Allan_

Banks tend to want to see a business plan and forecast before handing over any money. Some will even help you prepare one.
Red_SXi

Try contacting the princes trust fund, they help new businesses and give financial help as well as just tips etc
RichR
Premium Member

21st Oct 04 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also business link or business initiative are good - got a friend just in the process of setting up and theyre helping ehr a lot - running courses etc in what to do in the set up process - who to contact etc - theyre worth getting in touch with - I think they also arrange finance and grants for new businesses

But first u need an accurate business forecast, projected profit and loss account, and a business plan -Id even go so far as to do a SWOT analysis etc on the business - just to show that uve done ur homework and u know where the strangths and weaknesses of the business are goign to lie - the better prepared u go for a meeting with the bank - the more liekly u are to get a loan that u need
Patrick

21st Oct 04 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are there such things as business planning companies? I don't mind spending a bit on preparing a solid business plan. It's not just a little extra money making scheme but a proper future based business that I want to start.

Fed up with where I am now, want to build something for myself and my family.
cargraphics4u.com

21st Oct 04 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

www.businesslink.gov.uk

Tom

21st Oct 04 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/layer?r.l2=1073859137&r.l1=1073858805&r.s=tl&topicId=1073869162
RichR
Premium Member

21st Oct 04 at 12:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

business link wont charge u - theyre a government agency set up to help individuals set up their won businesses and basically to prevent them failing - they knwo what theyre doing on all aspects of setting up a busienss and will offer u sound advice and possibly grants -Id get intouch with them at teh website above
cargraphics4u.com

21st Oct 04 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes business link are very helpful, unliek a lot of other government organizations If you go on the website, they send you a free booklet with pretty much everything you need to know (A4 100+ pages IIRC) this is very useful to keep handy, especially when dealing with VAT employment law etc etc.

btw good luck with it all, hope it's succesful. (if you need any graphics or promotional items you know where to come )

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Starting own business.. 23 database queries in 0.0050449 seconds