corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Top Gear repeat

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Top Gear repeat
Cybermonkey

User status: Offline
26th Oct 04 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the Clubsports are the Lotus Caltons/M5's of australia, capable of eating both for brekkie, and the Senator and Grange are executive saloons aimed at the Lexus/Mercedes/BMW market. Coupe4 is AWD version of GTO,and Avalanche is the XC90 equivelent, a car that sells very well here in auz. All contain the new 6.0 LS2.
With regards to the maloo, you seriously need to put aside a few 1000 dollars a year just for rear tyres
Dom

26th Oct 04 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24
quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
quote:
quote:
the vxr over here pushes out about 372brake, nice and meaty but you have about 20k, then a tuning company over here will replace engine and superchange the thing to run at around 700 brake

Some Clubsport R8's around sydney are running upwards of 1000hp.

ooooo

but the thing is, its 20k for an extra 320 odd brake...its over half the price of the car over here

but i suppose it would give 911's etc a run for the money

one car i wouldnt mind would be maloo R8, looks pretty funky although apart from that and the GTO (monaro) HSV seem to produce alot of shite

What do you mean by that?

what, that hsv cars looks the same? if so, then yea...the whole range of "special cars" looks the same...i mean take the marloo, its basically a clubsport/GTO front end with xuv backend - its all reminds me of porsche's new styling

however, i suppose its all about the power and the brown stained pants you get from pressing the pedal
Cybermonkey

26th Oct 04 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i must admit that the Grange and Senator look very similar, but nearly all of them are based on the Commodore floorpan with varying wheelbase.
Dom

26th Oct 04 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
the Clubsports are the Lotus Caltons/M5's of australia, capable of eating both for brekkie, and the Senator and Grange are executive saloons aimed at the Lexus/Mercedes/BMW market. Coupe4 is AWD version of GTO,and Avalanche is the XC90 equivelent, a car that sells very well here in auz. All contain the new 6.0 LS2.
With regards to the maloo, you seriously need to put aside a few 1000 dollars a year just for rear tyres

at marloo tyres...ouch. buts its a pretty funky design, especially if you laid the back out with a decent system - would be some different over here though you think they would ship one over her for me?
Cybermonkey

26th Oct 04 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i still cant get over the sound these cars make when leaving the tolls on the M2. It sounds as good as a woman having an orgasm
Cybermonkey

26th Oct 04 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

at marloo tyres...ouch. buts its a pretty funky design, especially if you laid the back out with a decent system - would be some different over here though you think they would ship one over her for me?

I think www.virgincars.co.uk sells Holdens.
Dom

26th Oct 04 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i still cant get over the sound these cars make when leaving the tolls on the M2. It sounds as good as a woman having an orgasm

you've experienced some very odd women with some very odd orgasms

what do you drive while your out there?
Cybermonkey

26th Oct 04 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha theres no weight over the rears and they drift and kick out like you wouldnt believe. Awesome fun. A lot of the gardeners/DIY men drive Maloo's/SS's, which is amusing. A step up from the Vauxhall Combos driven in UK
Cybermonkey

26th Oct 04 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Nothing at the moment. i have been saving money from christmas because im going to Cairns for a bit of a trip, looking for a car after chrimbo. My dads got a landcruiser now, which is pretty cool. Goes pretty much anywhere you point it. Looking for a GSi at the moment, but pretty rare on used car forecourts now.
Dom

26th Oct 04 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
haha theres no weight over the rears and they drift and kick out like you wouldnt believe. Awesome fun. A lot of the gardeners/DIY men drive Maloo's/SS's, which is amusing. A step up from the Vauxhall Combos driven in UK

yea, except the maloo does 0-60 in a cool 5.5 secs it would give any NTL/BT engineer a running
Cybermonkey

26th Oct 04 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

yea, except the maloo does 0-60 in a cool 5.5 secs it would give any NTL/BT engineer a running

FPMSL yeah The GTO has been run at 4.8 secs!!!
Dom

26th Oct 04 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Nothing at the moment. i have been saving money from christmas because im going to Cairns for a bit of a trip, looking for a car after chrimbo. My dads got a landcruiser now, which is pretty cool. Goes pretty much anywhere you point it. Looking for a GSi at the moment, but pretty rare on used car forecourts now.

yea, the landcruisers are good trucks a friends dad used to have one, said it was abit heavy on the fuel...but thats about it. Pretty good ride as well - but you cant beat a landy though
GSi would be the ulimate though mate
Cybermonkey

26th Oct 04 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1/4 miles are now an easy 13.1/.5 for the LS2 powered.
Cybermonkey

26th Oct 04 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

yea, the landcruisers are good trucks a friends dad used to have one, said it was abit heavy on the fuel...but thats about it. Pretty good ride as well - but you cant beat a landy though
GSi would be the ulimate though mate

the GSi's lasted until 1997, so its easy finding a low miler with the X16. And they still look great. Landcruiser isnt too bad on the fuel, costs about $60 a week which is about £25. Its got 2 tanks as well for a combined 180litres of fuel
Adam

26th Oct 04 at 05:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
the vxr over here pushes out about 372brake, nice and meaty but you have about 20k, then a tuning company over here will replace engine and superchange the thing to run at around 700 brake

Some Clubsport R8's around sydney are running upwards of 1000hp.

ooooo

but the thing is, its 20k for an extra 320 odd brake...its over half the price of the car over here

but i suppose it would give 911's etc a run for the money

one car i wouldnt mind would be maloo R8, looks pretty funky although apart from that and the GTO (monaro) HSV seem to produce alot of shite

Give them a run for their money? Any car with 700hp is gonna piss all over a 911

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Top Gear repeat 23 database queries in 0.0108299 seconds