corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Is this Amp any gud?`

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is this Amp any gud?`
A2H GO

User status: Offline
31st Oct 04 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.raysmith.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=484&osCsid=2a98303a80b811261f12c11132f9b5f7

Its an audison amp, my m8 has 1 he is selling and sayai can av it for £100, i have 2 12" Alpine Type-R Subs, will this b powerful enough?
Dom

31st Oct 04 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

simple answer no
will it power them though, well yes, but each sub would get 170wRMS, which is half the rated RMS wattage.

If you have the DVC 4ohm subs, then you can wire them together to show a 1ohm load, so you will need a single monoblock amp pushing out 700wRMS (turn the gains down a tad, stops distortion etc) at 1ohm

If you have the DVC 2ohm subsm then wire them to show a 2ohm load, and get a amp with 700wRMS at 2ohms (same reason again)

however, please feel free to direct him to me as im will nab it for my comps
A2H GO

31st Oct 04 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit of a bastard cuz i droped on these subs cheap (£100 for both ich box) and cnt b arsed fork out for expensive amps, wen i wud much rather buy coilovers or sumthin. jus seems a shame 2 have them in the boot not working. Basically if i wire both my sums up 2 this amp, they will run, but will jus not b 2 there full potental(sp)??? and i rnt 2 sure whether my subs r 4 0r 2 ohm.
A2H GO

31st Oct 04 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think im gonna jus buy this amp as its so cheap(nw £80) and eventually get another wen i have the money
Dom

31st Oct 04 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i would double check mate on what ohm'age your sub coils are before wiring it, otherwise you could do damage to the amp

Although yea, you amp at the best will be pushing 170wRMS @ 4ohms to each bridged pair of channels (2 channels, one sub per channel) it will be alright, but make sure you run the subs in properly and that you dont play it too loud otherwise you will cause distortion and burn the speaker coils

but have fun mate
A2H GO

31st Oct 04 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanx alot for ur help buddy, gonna luk up da model numbers on da net now ,and then compare 2 my sub 2moro, shud b stampd on the bk or sumat
AdiSRI

31st Oct 04 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes u need to find out the model numbers...

if the alpines are 21D then u can bridge each pair of channels to a sub and give 170w rms, useable but not great.

If they are 41D u would be forced to use 1 channel on each sub at 2 ohm and have the other 2 channels spare. In this case each sub wud get 85w RMS which is not gonna be good at all...
Richie

1st Nov 04 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kentucky fried coils

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Is this Amp any gud?` 24 database queries in 0.0118661 seconds