corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » alternator

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author alternator
danny boyo

User status: Offline
1st Nov 04 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im putting an install in my boot what size altantor should i upgrade too as im runing neons and as well i have a corsa sri what will i need to use
danny boyo

1st Nov 04 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sum help please?
Dom

1st Nov 04 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one out of a 1.9diesel is a 75amp jobby i think, which will be alright (your one is 60a) If you want bigger, the you can get them re-wound or buy a custom one - but both of these options will set you back anything from 150-700

u2u richie/adi though as they know alot more about this side of stuff than me

[Edited on 01-11-2004 by VisibleMan]
AdiSRI

2nd Nov 04 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ther is a much larger alternator available if you have the X14/16Xe engine, around 150 amps.

Its a direct fit and can be bought reasonably cheaply from motor factors.

Its a lucas unit and i have the part number at home, give me a u2u if you do have a X??XE and need the code.

If you have an 8v then i think u will need a custom one, to me the diesel one isnt enuff better to warrent mucking about with....
Corsa^Dan

2nd Nov 04 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

y wouldnt a 16v fit an 8v moutings diff??
Dom

2nd Nov 04 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

X??XE alts fit 1.2 16v?
yea, if you can wack up the part number and ill add it to the FAQ bit
drunkenfool

2nd Nov 04 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you might not even need a new altenator, what power is your system going in? And do you know what altenator you have in there at the moment?
Dom

2nd Nov 04 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on my 1.2 16v its a 60A jobby (i believe) and from memory its only the 1.9D that had a 75A alt in a corsa B
AdiSRI

2nd Nov 04 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im pretty sure my std one is 60A on mine, i looked a while ago when i was looking into changing.

Right the direct swap alt isnt as big as i remembered, its 100Amp, but thats still loads better than the std one.

The fitment issur=e is due to the type of belt u have and wether the brushs are externalor internal or something like that...

This i was told only fits the X14/16XE so anyone else trieds it at their peril...

Part is Lucas LRB196...

New Poll