corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » IMEI Changing

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author IMEI Changing
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
7th Nov 04 at 22:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by m0nDe0
OK lol, ill take it to the piggies. If noone claims it after so long, do I get it? If so do you reckon Nokia would change the IMEI for me?
Unclaimed stuff does get sold off occasionally, the person who hands it in doesn't get it. If its sold/auctioned/whatever then you wouldn't need the IMEI changing as its basically re-legitimised when it changes hands.
Munchie

7th Nov 04 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

moby master is spot on
u can flash the software to change the imei (like on 3210's, 3310s etc etc) but on the newer nokias a COBRA chip has to be replaced and the fone has to be reflashed with a new firmware and imei number

not worth it for such a shite fone, sell it abroad hhaa
leeshez

7th Nov 04 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Hey, I found a Nokia 6100, YES I tried to get it back to its previous owner, but it had no simcard, and no entries in the phone book, other than a couple of scratches it seems brand new. So I take it home and stick my SIM in, it must be either unlocked or previously on O2 because it started working.

A few days later I cannot get a signal at all, and then after turnin off and on again, i get the message "Sim card registration faild".

Apparently this means that the phone has been reported lost/stolen and the phone has been put on a blacklist deeming it unusable by all of the networks. So I look into it and apparently you can change the IMEI number to allow it to be used again. Anyone know how or where I can get this done?

Cheers

In whos pocket or bag did you find it in? I would say put it back in there

[Edited on 07-11-2004 by leeshez]
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Nov 04 at 23:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by leeshez
quote:
Hey, I found a Nokia 6100, YES I tried to get it back to its previous owner, but it had no simcard, and no entries in the phone book, other than a couple of scratches it seems brand new. So I take it home and stick my SIM in, it must be either unlocked or previously on O2 because it started working.

A few days later I cannot get a signal at all, and then after turnin off and on again, i get the message "Sim card registration faild".

Apparently this means that the phone has been reported lost/stolen and the phone has been put on a blacklist deeming it unusable by all of the networks. So I look into it and apparently you can change the IMEI number to allow it to be used again. Anyone know how or where I can get this done?

Cheers

In whos pocket or bag did you find it in? I would say put it back in there

[Edited on 07-11-2004 by leeshez]

fcuker, If i wanted to nick a phone, i'd have got one with a camera on it.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » IMEI Changing 24 database queries in 0.0102170 seconds