corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Mobile speed cameras

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mobile speed cameras
ScottyBrum

User status: Offline
8th Nov 04 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On my way back from work today travelling on the A46 from cov towards the M40 i was in the right hand lane of the dual carriage way and a wagon was in front of me. I maintained my speed of about 80-ish as i could see by the time i got to the wagon it would have been able to pull across into the left hand lane. So just as i get to the wagon, and it moves over i'm exposed to a twatting mobile camera on top of the bridge, i saw it straight away and some hard braking was applied
Not sure if i was nabbed or not but i just been checking the mobile speed camera regulations and it's a bit of a grey area, But if a stretch of road which has mobile cameras used on it then it should be signed to warn you that mobile speed cameras may be in use! On this stretch of road there was no signage and this is what i found on a government website about speed cameras
quote:

Signing: Camera warning and speed limit reminder signs must be placed in advance of fixed or mobile speed enforcement taking place. Ideally these should be placed within 1 km of fixed camera housings and at the beginning of a targeted route for mobile enforcement sites. Signs must only be placed in areas where camera housings are present or along routes where mobile enforcement will be targeted.

That to me says that it should be signed, so if anything comes thru i will contest it - just hope im in the right to contest it and not wrong
Martin

8th Nov 04 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They get around that law by having pictures of speed camara's on their vans.
not good...

BUT if you do ge ta ticket, appeal and ask if the camara had been calibrated THAT day. 90% of the time they say no, and you get away with it. Happened to my dad.
The reason they never calibrate it, is coz they have to do it like half hour b4 their shift starts, and who the fook is going to work an extra 30 mins unpaid
ScottyBrum

8th Nov 04 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers buddy
Martin

8th Nov 04 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no probs

fookin speed camara's. How are they more safe? you spend so much time watching your speedo,you dont notice any one walk out in front of ya!

vibrio
Banned

8th Nov 04 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aztec_sxi
no probs

fookin speed camara's. How are they more safe? you spend so much time watching your speedo,you dont notice any one walk out in front of ya!

I do the speed limit and due to my driving ability I can keep to it quite well. also a glance down does not take long to do. you take the same time if not longer to look in your mirror.
--Dave--
Banned

8th Nov 04 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the cameras on the bridges are annoying!

Near Dartford, there's a big black bridge/sign that displays traffic information and whatnot, police have put what looks like a speed camera on there but when you get closer its just a piece of yellow card with two square holes cut in it leaning against the sign.

*****!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Mobile speed cameras 23 database queries in 0.0468240 seconds