corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Finally got my VALVER engine

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Finally got my VALVER engine
TOMAS

User status: Offline
12th Nov 04 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL no im buying a rocker/metal inset and cam cover from the breakers and getting them all plated. Cheers anyhow
markBezzy

12th Nov 04 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can confirm toms car is fast

Fast as foook!
deanmcreynolds26

12th Nov 04 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

welcome to the club mate

its fun aint it.. my car still makes me grin esp wen i meet saxos
MJ

12th Nov 04 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

NO MARK - dont do it, get out whilst you can.

Ive seriously spend silly ££ on this car. The problem is I buy things and change my mind...

In four years since it rolled off the showroom its had

5 diffo sets of alloys

4 suspension kits

4 diffo exhaust systems

2 diffo ICE systems

2 diffo sets of bucket seats and harnesses

and a diffo engine LOL.

yer i know, the cars done 135k so a new engine maybe soon. so i will get nout for car anyway

[Edited on 12-11-2004 by mark_jarman1]
Tom N

12th Nov 04 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice to see some pics of the engine in an arden blue corsa, im waiting for mine to be done some time next week!

im glad to hear it feels super quick - im going from a 1.0 12volt!
RichR
Premium Member

12th Nov 04 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats included in the £1300
jamied

12th Nov 04 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i was wonderin tht
ed

12th Nov 04 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by myke
could be wrong, but that looks like one of the spark covers from an LET which i think are plastic. ?!?
if so you'll have to swap it with someone before you can polish/plate it.

You can chrome plate plastic Somehow...
hitman2k

12th Nov 04 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in dudley m8 you got phone number they any good how much conversions they done before?????
TOMAS

13th Nov 04 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£1300 was the LOT, drive in drive out. There conversion work seems good but unfortunatley some bits still need work - replace oil pump seal, sump gasket and also the Alt, also shift the exhaust up so its not twatting the rear axel. I'd have to give it a few weeks before I can honestly rate them. Oh and they didnt wire in the electric speedo (so I STILL need to sort this) and also the reversing lights...

He's used PVD shafts and machined Astra hubs, his own mounts and also the Regal style rubber air intake so he didnt have to bash/cut the bulkhead.

Engine seems a little strange as its a Pre-Dispac 1991 engine which was APPARENTLY in an Astra GSi (didnt think they did Mark3 Arsta GSi's in 1991?) but its running pre-dispac injectors with a Dispac management? Its a little rattly but has GOOD compression and doesnt burn oil BUT my guestimated petrol use (speedo/mileometer aint working yet) is fairly shocking!!
Fad

13th Nov 04 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm its all good fun till you go out in a LET....how i long for one of them now
SportBoy

13th Nov 04 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine has elec speedo too .. ended up takin my old f13 box diff out taking the trigger ring off it and had it put on my f20s diff but that had to be machined alittle to fit on .. only other way to do it i think is to change clocks to the old ones and use a cable ... old cable speedos r shyt anyway.. over read to buggery
Ant

13th Nov 04 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had my car back for a week now with the valver in it, it hasnt moved off the drive yet

[Edited on 13-11-2004 by aritchie]
TOMAS

13th Nov 04 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why whats up with it? Yeah I may well end up getting hold of some mechanical clocks and using a cable speedo, at least if it over-reads a little I shouldnt get flashed by gatso's LOL

How easy is it to clock them back to my correct mileage? I know the transparent perspex is bonded on so i'd have to carefully remove this and then do you just flick the numbers back to read my correct mileage unless by some miracle I find a written-off 60K corsa LOL.
Alex

13th Nov 04 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

v nice tried to ring u today but u didnt pick up !
Ant

13th Nov 04 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing major, a few plumbing issues with the water system. going to re-pipe the whole lot, can't run it coz some of the hoses are of it. i havn't even looked to see if sppedo works yet.
myke

13th Nov 04 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aritchie
nothing major, a few plumbing issues with the water system. going to re-pipe the whole lot, can't run it coz some of the hoses are of it. i havn't even looked to see if sppedo works yet.

sounds very much like my problems.

been fannying about with it today trying to find where a leak was coming from. turns out i'd missed a hose clip from under the manifold, right next to the alternator, so it was a bitch to get to.
speedo cable also snapped on the second day that i'd finished it. i think i hadn't screwed it down enough at the gearbox end, so the drive pin broke because it was only gripping the end of it.

sorted now. just got to put my header tank, rad fan, and battery back in tomorrow, and fingers crossed i'll be running again.
TOMAS

15th Nov 04 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still got to sort my problems but found out today I have Coscast head and its an old 20XE engine and not a C20XE engine. 20XE is supposed to be better right, forged pistons etc? Think its just noisey cos its an old engine - they didnt make em as quiet 13 years ago as they do today...

Going to have a crack at the altenator tomorrow night if Vauxhall deliver it tomorrow daytime.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Finally got my VALVER engine 23 database queries in 0.0488439 seconds