corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How much is it worth?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How much is it worth?
Andrew

User status: Offline
13th Nov 04 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You all know my love for pugs and well i'm thinking of buying one as i'm fed up of the Saxo getting bashed by old bags in the Tesco

Anyway, it's an L reg 1993 1.8D 205 with no MOT or TAX. The body work is in need of some work, mainly a good wash and tidy up such as a new wing. It's got a set of 1.6 GTi wheels on with brand new cheap tyres. It's done 93k and had 7 owners.

Thinking of making the guy an offer around £250 and doing the work for the MOT. The guy cannot afford to get it through an MOT but he will get it through once he has the money so he says. Dunno how much work is needed though
ed

13th Nov 04 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Offer him about £100, if that.
Andrew

13th Nov 04 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£100 doesn't seem a lot really. It cost me more than that for a tyre, set of bolts and locking nuts
ed

13th Nov 04 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, but a car with no tax, no MOT and bodyshell damage is worthless, it just screams out that the car has not been looked after, especially as it will cost about £500 - £1000 to get it going again, depending on the state of disrepair.
CorsAsh

13th Nov 04 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to interrupt, but...

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
He'll have to confirm it, and I might be wrong, but I'm sure Pug Nut is in one of those photos....

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=181033

Andrew

13th Nov 04 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see you point. Prob be hard to sell it on at £500 once it's all done too. Might have a look down at the auctions. Just want something shit to play with and something i'm not worried about leaving parked up.
ed

13th Nov 04 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your getting an old diesel it's best to get a turbo diesel too... Going to the auctions is a better idea, but be weary of cars that have no MOT left as they can and probably will cost a fortune to repair - it's not just going to be a worn bearing or bushing, it will be the steering rack or... You get what I mean.
1600power

14th Nov 04 at 01:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Peugeot Nut
I see you point. Prob be hard to sell it on at £500 once it's all done too. Might have a look down at the auctions. Just want something shit to play with and something i'm not worried about leaving parked up.

the car market has gone tits up, u shud only be paying £250 for that if it had a full MOT!!! its worth fuck all without at most £50 scrapyard money in otherwords
Corsa Sport Gav

14th Nov 04 at 04:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and getting a pug isnt gonna stop old bags hitting ur car in car parks either
Andrew

14th Nov 04 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No but the pug is worth shit.

Deffo think i will get myself down the auctions on Wed. Gonna visit a few scrapies this week as i need another VTR rim for a spare.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How much is it worth? 23 database queries in 0.0101469 seconds