corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Best way to mount amp's

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Best way to mount amp's
Cosa Pete

User status: Offline
18th Nov 04 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to get a new sub amp the other day as my BBG had fried it's self after the MDF it was fitted to came away from the back seat and cables got yanked and shorted etc etc. Lucky the BBG is still under a year old and was shop fitted so they f**ked it up. Don't worry i bought the car with ICE fitted and knew it wasn't done right. My vote avoid sextons..well one in Bristol at least.

Anyway i've cut out a really nice sheet of MDF 18mm thick to wack on my JL e4300 and my new Xtreame 1500x. mono block. Yet to fix these down as my RCA cable is 90mm which too short and all i need is a 110cm one (help er would be great). Anyway once i've covered my mount in felt and mounted my amps on her whats the best way of fititng it in the car then.

1. Do i mount it like the shop did, drill into the back of the seats and screw it on so it holds on the foam in the seat . . . . . but i'll use lot's more screws unlike the 2 they used.

2. This is your unput time. Pics of yours would be of great intrest and help.

Thanks for ya time

Corsa Pete
Dom

18th Nov 04 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have a simple install, then sod the MDF. Bolt/Nut the amps to the seats instead I wouldnt use screws, as like you say it just holds onto the foam/back of seats.

Or build abit of an install and mount the amps on the floor of boot.

Or, take spare wheel out and if amps fit, mount them in the spare wheel well
Cosa Pete

18th Nov 04 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for ya help there Dom. Pending what an offewr on my car i may be getting a new corsa so i shall be modding that a lot

New Poll