corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » anyone with liverpool victoria?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author anyone with liverpool victoria?
Bill_corsa_1.2

User status: Offline
19th Nov 04 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do they count pass plus as a years no claims?

i know tesco do, but not sure about LV
broster
Premium Member

19th Nov 04 at 13:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stay away from them is my advice!
jr

19th Nov 04 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im insured at the moment with them, trying to get money from them is like trying to get blood from a stone
Bill_corsa_1.2

19th Nov 04 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They've given me a good quote, and i know they're ok with modifying so i thought they looked ok.

need to know whether or not they count having pass plus as another yrs ncb though- and im far too lazy to use the phone
Dan B

19th Nov 04 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been with them for 2.5 years, never had a problem but never had to make a claim......and last time I checked, I had confirmation from one of the managers that they definitely covered engine-transplants, even if the new engine wasn't a natural model for the car.
Marc D

19th Nov 04 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they dont care about pass plus. norwich union knock 50% off for pass plus but are crap with mods
Bill_corsa_1.2

19th Nov 04 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right. fair enough.

anyone reccomend a good company then?

im 18, with 1yrs ncb, pass plus and am wanting a quote on a 1998 tigra (1.4 16v model)

liv vic quoted around 1900
broster
Premium Member

19th Nov 04 at 14:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so many people have had problems with the regarding engine mods etc. i was with them last year they then proceded to take the money for a new years insurance without asking me. £1000+ is a lot to miss!!!
Marc D

19th Nov 04 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
so many people have had problems with the regarding engine mods etc. i was with them last year they then proceded to take the money for a new years insurance without asking me. £1000+ is a lot to miss!!!

did you get your money back?
morty

19th Nov 04 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry but Liv'pool Vic are shite, phoned them for a quote on my corsa 2.0 16v and they turned round and said because it was not a factory car they couldn't even consider it...So much for engine mods or transplants I was even insured with them for my brand new Skoda Fabia Vrs at the time.

Darren

[Edited on 19-11-2004 by morty]
Dan B

19th Nov 04 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by morty
Sorry but Liv'pool Vic are shite, phoned them for a quote on my corsa 2.0 16v and they turned round and said because it was not a factory car they couldn't even consider it...So much for engine mods or transplants I was even insured with them for my brand new Skoda Fabia Vrs at the time.

Darren

[Edited on 19-11-2004 by morty]

How old are you, because I've been told by a manager there that they would definitely cover me on a 2.0 16v Corsa conversion?
RichR
Premium Member

19th Nov 04 at 16:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HIC are good but iirc u have to be 19 + if ur male, 17+ female
morty

19th Nov 04 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dan Im nearly 30 cannot be my age...anyway I went to Adrian Flux and they quoted me £975 so went with them.

Darren
broster
Premium Member

19th Nov 04 at 18:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc D
quote:
Originally posted by broster

did you get your money back?

yes i did but the point is why did the yjus tatke it without asking surely they cant do this! wankers
Corsa Sport Gav

19th Nov 04 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a letter saying if i didint inform thm within 14 days they wud procede and continue my policy... i didnt realise the 14 days were up so am stuck wit em for another yr lol
broster
Premium Member

19th Nov 04 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Punto_Gav
i got a letter saying if i didint inform thm within 14 days they wud procede and continue my policy... i didnt realise the 14 days were up so am stuck wit em for another yr lol

they sent that letter to my risk address not my corrispondance address so i didnt get it, i moaned like fuck and got all my money back with a letter saying sorry
RapidCorsa

19th Nov 04 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All insurance companies are the same, hate paying out and will find any little fault just so they don't have to pay out, which when you think about it, it's just them trying to make money, we all like money.
sxibeast

19th Nov 04 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

watch out for Liverpool Victoris as they DO NOT cover modded cars anymore (i phoned them up for a quote for my modded astra, n the lady said there was no point in giving me a quote as they wont fully cover me). well, they will cover you (the car), but will return ur car to standard, not its moddifed form. dunno if this has already been mentioned. cldnt b arsed to read thread! Tesco cover modded cars and are pretty reasonable 2!
Corsa Sport Gav

19th Nov 04 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will most probs be new customers tht applies too
sxibeast

19th Nov 04 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes it is, and renewals too
Dan B

19th Nov 04 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, I had it confirmed by a manager that they would cover a 2.0 16v conversion in mine, and they still do like-for-like replacement. Whether it goes on age, no idea, but it's not on post-code risk area because mine's classed as F*.
Diff

19th Nov 04 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any Policies taken out with liv vic from march 03 to november19th 04 are alright for the mods, and are fully covered, after or before this time the only mods allowed are alloy wheels, other wise they will not cover you. this has been recently brought into force due to the discrepencies in their policies over mods.

so....if u have a policy in the dates above then they will restore your car to the pre accident condition inc mods, if you have an accident.....

Liv Vic did not realise how stupid there policy was about not taking mod details into account that they have recently changed it....hope this helps a bit

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » anyone with liverpool victoria? 23 database queries in 0.0176439 seconds