corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Could this be a problem

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Could this be a problem
Marc

User status: Offline
3rd Dec 04 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt worry about it mate, not alots standard on my car and all the inspector did was inspect (hehe!) the damage.

At the end of the day your wheels and spoiler didnt contribute to the accident and he will know this.
Jodi_the_g

3rd Dec 04 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Act naive and say you brought it like and and just thought it was standard.

But i can't see it being a problem unless the wheels are damaged
NovaGTE

3rd Dec 04 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also you are claiming off there insurance not your own, so there not out to inspect that the car is as stated on the policy.
3CorsaMeal

3rd Dec 04 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jodi_the_g
Act naive and say you brought it like and and just thought it was standard.

thats the best idea, admit stupidness. ( they'll believe you )

they might not even pick up on it as it doesn't really stand out on that car as much as a corsa that looks like a space ship.

they probably will think they standard items
mav

3rd Dec 04 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep plead dum...(shouldn't be hard for you )

not that i think he will even mention the wheels

[Edited on 03-12-2004 by mav]
Nismo

3rd Dec 04 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheeky sod
Dr Pepper

3rd Dec 04 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok heres where you stand--- I had exactly the same thing happen to me with norwich union......

Some one drove into my car and damaged the wheel. I had not declared the wheels and there wasnt a problem until the inspection. Her insurance company found out from mine that the wheels wernt declared- they said they would still repair the wheel, but that they would only replace alloy with standard steel rim. I pointed out that these wheels came when i bought the car and that i didnt realise they were non manufactorer wheels----They eventually paid out.

You may be lucky and they wont check your insurance declaration too closely---if they do then plead ignorance

[Edited on 03-12-2004 by Dr Pepper]
Nismo

4th Dec 04 at 01:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i will , lucily the standard Mazda rx7 rims look similar so i may get away with it

mav

4th Dec 04 at 01:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
cheeky sod

Kerry

4th Dec 04 at 01:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

someone ran into my ex while he was parked and out vehicle so totally not his fault. as there were certain things not declared on his ins even though the other partys ins were ones payin it they declared it void

each to thier own with ins companies these days so either u are lucky or u arnt

pisses me off though because in theory if someone hits u and its thier fault no questions asked the fact of whether u have ins of if u are covered shouldnt even come into it really. !!
Nismo

4th Dec 04 at 01:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why do they have to send someone
drunkenfool

4th Dec 04 at 02:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

say you had an expensive statue of a car in your garden that someone hit in their car, you would be able to claim on their insurance, so i dont see why it should be different in this case, even if you imagine your car is declared off road with no tax or insurance, if she hit it, she should pay and i dont see why you need insurance for it! Goddamn insurance companies!
Dr Pepper

4th Dec 04 at 02:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nismo- they cant void your claim--- having non declared alloys did not cause the accident-- they may however not replace like for like.

Claims are only normally voided when the non declared part can be seen as being the reason for the claim....

For example if you didnt declare alloys and the car was stolen- your insurance company could claim the car was stolen as a result of the non declared alloys making it more desirable
Paul_J

4th Dec 04 at 02:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate! don't worry about it...

As someone said, the guy isn't going to be able to tell they're not standard? do you think he see's a lot of Rx7's? I don't.

As someone said, a corsa with big 19" alloys on sticks out as much as a big sign over it saying 'MODIFIED'!

A Rx7 with alloys - looks like a rx7 with alloys... personally I wouldn't know what a rx7 came with standard! I couldn't imagine them with steelies... yet I could imagine a corsa with steelies etc...

Paul J
Nismo

4th Dec 04 at 05:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul you speak wise words
Chroma-tised

4th Dec 04 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a smash in an AX GT about 7 years ago and had the inspector due to visit and examine the car...
The night before his visit I just made some quick mods like removing the janspeed backbox and locking it in shed then took the front two alloys off cus of the bald tyres it had otherwise the inspector could of had his eye out with the metal sticking out of it! (alloys r standard on AX GT) Then gave the keys to my mother to hand over cus I was in work and told her if he asked about the wheels then just say they were nicked!!!
She saw the fella pull up outside the house, he walked through the garden to the rear Glanced at the back end of the car where it was hit and stood about 3-4 yards away, didn't even get close to look, and didn't even knock the door to tell my mother why he was standing in her garden with a clip board in his hand!!!
2 mins max he was there for then gone!
For all we knew he could of been doing a survey or something on garden flowers!! lol!!
Chroma-tised

4th Dec 04 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't worry fella..
just keep us posted on what he did closely examine, and any questions he may ask.....we'll know what mods and stuff to hide if ever we got in a similar situation then! lol!!!
Good luck by the way but you won't need it....nothing to worry about.........poke his eye's out or
slip him a £20 note!! anymore then tell him where to go!
Nismo

4th Dec 04 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i had an inspector come out and see the corsa before he was the same ,(i removed the springs and alloys though) and he was there 2 mins took one pic then went.
Adam-D

4th Dec 04 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheres the old wheels?

is there any you could borrow?

Nismo

4th Dec 04 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

old wheels are with Envy Performance now as i sold them to them

borrow nope
kinkycorsa

4th Dec 04 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I recently had a crash garage took pics and insurance company rang me up i just said alloys were on it when i bought it, they said they have passed it to dept to work out how much extra they are gonna charge me for having a modification then they will do the claim.

My best mate works at Direct Line and reckons about £300 couldn't believe it, still haven't heard how much it will be yet though and they may even write it off
Russ

4th Dec 04 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

er, why not ring them today i say, ive just brought new wheels can i add them to my insurance please?.........
Laura_1.416v

4th Dec 04 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a similar problem a coule of weeks ago when a sainsburys lorry scraped all down passenger side of my corsa.
We had to take it to a garage that was approved by my insurance company, but he wasnt bothered about the wheels & lowered suspension
which I hadnt told insurance about. i think if u havent declared mods all they will do is put it back to standard, so if your wheels were damged
they will replace them with whatever it had originally, but if not they will just leave them as they are.
I was quite lucky as the guy at the garage actually did some extra mods for me in return that we provided some of the panels & he
claimed the cost of them from the insurance anyway

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Could this be a problem 23 database queries in 0.0156140 seconds