corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » bike carbs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bike carbs
sassyminx

User status: Offline
4th Dec 04 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what you make of em on cars

my mate bought my corsa off me and hes got it booked in to get bike carbs, 50bhp its expected to give it, i thought it was funny but hes deadly serious

they hard work?
TNM

4th Dec 04 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you mean bike cans? bike carbs wouldnt really work on a car
sassyminx

4th Dec 04 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TNM
do you mean bike cans? bike carbs wouldnt really work on a car

no bike carburettors... proper bike carbs, beardy was on about doiing it to my car before, ive heard of it but hes defo getting em fitted, apparently theyre easy to do but i dont know:S
jr

4th Dec 04 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you actully mean bike tb;s, theres a ew companys that will do it, you looking aorund the same gains as a mantzel etc, need a raised rev limit to be effective
sassyminx

4th Dec 04 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
do you actully mean bike tb;s, theres a ew companys that will do it, you looking aorund the same gains as a mantzel etc, need a raised rev limit to be effective

is there a difference between carbs and tb's

he told me its booked in with a bloke in malton whos putting bike carbs on it and its costing him about £500 and they expect 50bhp gains, i dont know enough about em but thats defo what hes been told and its all booked in ready to do in january
jr

4th Dec 04 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes as one is carbs and the other are tbs

carbs do not use fuel injection, while tbs rely on a mapped ecu and fuel injection to work for one

if there carbs (which im doubting) there be to small anyway i would have though, and it would be easier to twin webers on, also if there carbs they would requires a distributor cap and rotor arm as a maual way of getting a spark, which there is no place to put one on a c16

[Edited on 04-12-2004 by jr]
sassyminx

4th Dec 04 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
yes as one is carbs and the other are tbs

carbs do not use fuel injection, while tbs rely on a mapped ecu and fuel injection to work for one

if there carbs (which im doubting) there be to small anyway i would have though, and it would be easier to twin webers on, also if there carbs they would requires a distributor cap and rotor arm as a maual way of getting a spark, which there is no place to put one on a c16

[Edited on 04-12-2004 by jr]

its not a c16 its an x16, and i was talking to my dad about it and he explained if it was so many bhp per cylinder or summat i didnt understand, i dont know anyway im gunna find out more
jr

4th Dec 04 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

x16 is the same case anyway, as they have a dis pack as oppose to a distributor and rotor arm etc
sassyminx

4th Dec 04 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
x16 is the same case anyway, as they have a dis pack as oppose to a distributor and rotor arm etc

i have no idea, will find out more when i go back home
broster
Premium Member

4th Dec 04 at 14:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill probably be bike tb's, a cheap way to get throttle bodies on yoir car.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » bike carbs 23 database queries in 0.0095639 seconds