corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Well that was an expense I didnt need

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Well that was an expense I didnt need
PaulW

User status: Offline
   29th Dec 04 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tracking & 3 Wheel Balances - £28.02

tracking was out by a shed load - always pulling to the left... also heavy vibrations above 40mph...

sorted it all out & also found one of the front wheels was buckled (something KwikFit didnt notice when my dad took the car 2 months ago to be sorted) place I went said it looked like it was tracked using candle light & shadow puppets

so now also have an alloy wheel in need of refurbishment - about £40+delivery ontop...

still, all the way to 70 & no pulling to one side or vibrations!

anything I can do though about kwikfit from 2 months ago?? need to have words with the father for not taking it to the usual garage...
Joff

29th Dec 04 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, that was an expense you DID need.
PaulW

29th Dec 04 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know... but if my father had taken the car to where i originally told him to - none of this may not of been needed
stubbsy05

29th Dec 04 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you got your mantzel yet Paul?
PaulW

29th Dec 04 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no

had a few 'unforseen' bills come up so thats out the window atm...

plus still not sold the other alloys...
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

29th Dec 04 at 14:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PaulW
place I went said it looked like it was tracked using candle light & shadow puppets

Steve
Premium Member

29th Dec 04 at 14:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PaulW
Tracking & 3 Wheel Balances - £28.02

tracking was out by a shed load - always pulling to the left... also heavy vibrations above 40mph...

sorted it all out & also found one of the front wheels was buckled (something KwikFit didnt notice when my dad took the car 2 months ago to be sorted) place I went said it looked like it was tracked using candle light & shadow puppets

so now also have an alloy wheel in need of refurbishment - about £40+delivery ontop...

still, all the way to 70 & no pulling to one side or vibrations!

anything I can do though about kwikfit from 2 months ago?? need to have words with the father for not taking it to the usual garage...

kiwk fit are absolutely appalling my mrs took her car to a branch in evesham to have the tracking done and tyre replace (tyre was worn due to tracking being out)

then one month later the same tyre was fucked again, took it to another kwik fit branch in bromsgrove and they said the tracking had never been done!!! then they stung us again for a new tyre, now the other tyre on the car was fine but they said it was company policy to replace both tyres i though that was bollox and rang up the head office, they said no it wasnt company policy to replace two tyres at once and gave the evesham branch a bollocking for not tracking it in the first place, they agreed to give us £80 of our money back, from about £160 spent
James_DT

29th Dec 04 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kwik Fit are monkeys, my Dad's Vectra went in twice and they still didn't fix it.
He took it to a local garage and it was fine after that.
They did give him the second time free as they screwed up the first, though.
ajscorsa

29th Dec 04 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why anyone goes to kwick fit is beyond me, especially when they have 16 yr old kids doin ure trackin, i dont trust them at all
Steve
Premium Member

29th Dec 04 at 15:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ agreed only went there bcus mrs tyres were on the metal threads and they were the only place that had the queers size she has on the seicento in stock, over 60 quid for a 13 inch tyre
leeshez

29th Dec 04 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dictonary i will convert for you.
Kwik Fit = Useless retards.
I will never trust them.
A friend went because of her brakes so they said they did this that and the other but when a garage checked they did nothing of the sort.

[Edited on 29-12-2004 by leeshez]
PaulW

29th Dec 04 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont trust them - never have & never will..

is just the nob-jockey step dad who took it there

my cousin in her infinate dumbness went for brakes to be sorted, quoted her £300 for new discs & pads to be fitted up front I did it for her for £60
fax2004

29th Dec 04 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dads Focus goes to quick fit for tyres because its a lease vehicle, he don't care what they do as long as they're quick, and its gone through 3 sets of front in 26,000 because they say every time they've set the track, but obviously never do!
Colin

29th Dec 04 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres a kwik-fit at the bottom of my street - sound bunch of lads. Always do me free work like replacing tyres, tracking, welding exhausts, etc even let me dump stuff in there container. I was at them on Monday to remove the heat shield from my exhaust and done it straight away and the bloke wouldnt even let my give him a £5 for his troubles

[Edited on 29-12-2004 by Kolin]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Well that was an expense I didnt need 23 database queries in 0.0122139 seconds