corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bloody AA

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bloody AA
1600power

User status: Offline
29th Dec 04 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have normally had nothing but excellent service from the AA up until today. I was on my way to work when all of a sudden my car developed a growling and occassional catching of my wheels on my rear arch (which doesnt normally happen) immedietly thought hmmmm wheel bearing and called the AA when i got to work at 1pm. Then at 2.45pm the AA arrive or should I say Joe Bloggs towing services do and proceed to manage to trash my front bumper on there bloody ramp resulting in a crack!

On the upside they have admitted liability and that they will be getting it repaired for me but its just the fact that they are willing to use these numpties
PaulW

29th Dec 04 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

always been with the RAC & the 2 times my old corsa needed towing, they got the lowloader in which they use to tow ferrari's n such as it was so low

quality service
Dom

29th Dec 04 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my family have had the same mate - basically if there isnt an available AA truck/van close to you, then they will get someone from the local garage to you instead its abit lame, but its better than a kick in the bollocks
fax2004

29th Dec 04 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was it the wheel bearing though?!
Joff

29th Dec 04 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The AA always send out their own patrol vehicles for the initial customer contact, then a 3rd party company if the vehicle needs to be recovered but they don't have any AA recovery trucks available.

Didn't you look at your car as it was going up the ramp?
Dom

29th Dec 04 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joff
The AA always send out their own patrol vehicles for the initial customer contact, then a 3rd party company if the vehicle needs to be recovered but they don't have any AA recovery trucks available.

we've had to call them out twice in the last 7years or so we've been with them, and everytime they have sent someone out from the local garage place however, both of these times have been when the car(s) has refused to start at home....but still, its my 2 pence worth
1600power

29th Dec 04 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joff

sadly i was working and left my dad to take care of it all, I told him to back the car onto the ramp due to the fact that A.) the rear wheel bearing was gone and should therefore not be in contact with the road and that B.) the front of the car was to low!

Naturally he ignored me and continued to drive the car onto the ramp, which was fine as it happended its when the bloke decided that it was not going to work and dropped it right down on the ground that his ramp tipped up and cracked the bumper due to the pressure!

I didnt get any AA guy come and see me they sent a tow truck straight away, im hoping its the wheel bearing but have no idea as of yet, just need to jack the car up and give the wheel a good rock to see if it moves or stays static.

[Edited on 29-12-2004 by 1600power]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bloody AA 23 database queries in 0.0106719 seconds