corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I feel

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I feel
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Jan 05 at 09:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Engine tuning is going down the same path as bodystyling.

Where bodystyling started off with subtle nice mods, people soon started to try to put the biggest kits on they could find or make, with no thought on wether it suited the corsas lines or not, prime example jap styling on a british made car

Now engine tuning, people are just trying to get as big a power as possible in a small a car as poss without the thought of wether it will be useable or not.

Take luckyb's corsa, not massive power but was useable power, i have seen LET'd novas running near 350bhp go down the strip and pull 18 odd seconds due to that fact they could get no grip, then a pissing fiesta Zetec S go down and beat his time
Adam-D

13th Jan 05 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

250bhp throuh the front wheels is about max i reckon
Steve
Premium Member

13th Jan 05 at 09:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yesh defo, even with LSD any more would still be pointless
Siberia

13th Jan 05 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who gives a monkeys about the strip?

i certainly wouldnt be building a car like that with getting the fastest 1/4 as my number 1 concern........
Steve
Premium Member

13th Jan 05 at 09:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it makes no difference what your building it for, with stupid amounts of power it wouldnt be usefull anywhere, i was using the strip as an example of proof of my feeling

[Edited on 13-01-2005 by Steve]
3CorsaMeal

13th Jan 05 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree, why modify roads cars into track cars or strip cars, when most of the time people use em on the road, alright if u have more than 1 car.

useable power is what its all about
arf_SRi

13th Jan 05 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i remember reading somewhere that a manufacturer said 220 odd brake was the fastest usable amount of power for a fwd car.

no point in any more...i say spend the rest of the money making sure it flies through the twisties? anyone agree?
3CorsaMeal

13th Jan 05 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do, i want my corsa between 180-210bhp if i keep it

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I feel 23 database queries in 0.0062590 seconds