corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Question about selling / test drives and insurance?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Question about selling / test drives and insurance?
Paul_J

User status: Offline
17th Jan 05 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I want to sell a car, and someone wants to test drive it then there insurance needs to cover themselves 3rd party on other cars and I need to have the car fully insured don't I?

or providing there insurance lets them drive the car with the owners permission it doesn't matter whether I'm insured?

or is there something else you can do?
vxsri

17th Jan 05 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your car has 2 b insured 4 the others persons insurance 2 cover them
Paul_J

17th Jan 05 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it possible to get like a day's worth of insurance. I.e. if I know someone is coming to view the car, I ring up and get cover for a day! they drive it and then whatever...

How much would this cost to do this?
vxsri

17th Jan 05 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think so, most companies wont do anythin less than the full year.
but u could get a policy (paying by installments) and then cancel it when ur ready. u pay for the 1st month up front, and when u cancel it u get a refund, except for the days u were covered.
thats wot happens with elephant anyway.
Mattb

17th Jan 05 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get single day policies.. i do it all the time when i need to drive my mothers astra, costs about £6 but thats through tescos.. some companies like adrian flux will charge £25 for admin
Paul_J

17th Jan 05 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers matt - my mum tried to insure my sister for like 3 weeks once or something and tesco were all blah bla bla about and wouldn't do it... so my parents think you can't have single day policys!

Wankers are telling me that I have to sell my corsa before I can drive my 106 gti, as the corsa will be uninsured thus no one could drive it! but I'm trying to say that just do single day policy's - which they were like blah blah blah at!

Grrr... so mad right now got so much coursework to do and price hunting for my corsa isn't what I want to do! To make it worse all my mates are going out! gheys!
Mattb

17th Jan 05 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you want rid, chuck it in the trader at £2.3, and if someone wants a viewing make sure they arrange some sort of insurance
Paul_J

17th Jan 05 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£2.30! I'm not that desperate ... 230 penny sweets or my corsa (just kidding)

Problem is whatever you put up price wise people will knock you down! So you almost have to put your final price + a bit more ... on the estimation they're gonna try to know you down.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Question about selling / test drives and insurance? 23 database queries in 0.0107400 seconds