corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » f20 clutch release bearing

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author f20 clutch release bearing
corsaandy

User status: Offline
5th Feb 05 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the best way of changing one of these as i have a whine everytime i press the clutch pedal down?
Also just wondering how easy it is to do and if it can be done in the car?

cheers andy

AdamF
Premium Member

5th Feb 05 at 20:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it can be done on the car but the clutch will need to come out first. you will also need three special clips to hold the two bits of the clutch together while its out.

if you have a haynes it will say in there
corsaandy

5th Feb 05 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i have just read that seemed not to hard i just wondered if people have just taken the gearbox off instead before
BeArDy

5th Feb 05 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye take 5th gear out pull the shaft out (need a tool) lock the clutch and put your hand in with a 10mm (think) bolt
corsaandy

5th Feb 05 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so your saying it can be done without taking the clutch out, which way would you say is easier??
AdamF
Premium Member

5th Feb 05 at 22:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no the clutch needs to come out but the box can stay in.

not done a 2.0 corsa yet but you may need to support the engine and undo the gearbox mount and tip the engine down so you can get the end plate of the box

New Poll