corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Have your say - Car Insurance

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Have your say - Car Insurance
Chump

User status: Offline
6th Feb 05 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I little project i'm working on at the minute involves contacting Insurers to find out their policies when it comes to young drivers and modified/import/high insurance group cars.

Are there any questions you'd like to ask. Assume that they have to answer. And please try to keep them sensible please.

Thanks
Chump
Martin

6th Feb 05 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a question...

surely young drivers are only paying high insurance because young drivers drive stupid, and crash thier cars.

i feel this is because young drivers dont care about their cars because they are crap.

i fell that the cars are crap cause insurance is too high.

SOOOO if they lower insurance, we could all drive better cars, and we'd treat them better..

--Thats the theory, i know we'll just buy quicker cars and then drive them quicker and injure MORE people --
MarkW

6th Feb 05 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh why does Adrian flux quote me £2300 FC on a 1.2 16v, with cat back exhaust on 60mm suspension only with 1 year NCB @ 19 and others @ 19 can insure 2.0's on TB's with them i know location and other things have to be taken into account but Flux are taking the piss there
Robbo

6th Feb 05 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

old people shud pay more
corsa5dr

6th Feb 05 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^ Sooooooo true, increased premiums for the over 60's I say
Nismo

6th Feb 05 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a question

Why do insurer's class the FD3S RX7 a 2600CC car when it is infact a 1300CC car.

The RX7 is equiped with 2 603cc rotors = 1306cc.

The DVLA class them as a 1306cc car for TAX why cant insurers do the same.
Chump

6th Feb 05 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkW
yeh why does Adrian flux quote me £2300 FC on a 1.2 16v, with cat back exhaust on 60mm suspension only with 1 year NCB @ 19 and others @ 19 can insure 2.0's on TB's with them i know location and other things have to be taken into account but Flux are taking the piss there

To be honest Mark I'd doubt very much if anyone at 19 would get insurance on a 2.0 with TB's. Especially if they only had 1 years NCB...

one of the questions i've already got down though is why quotes seem to be so varied....i've phoned insurers before got a quote....then phoned back a few months later with exactly the same details only to be quoted completely different...

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Have your say - Car Insurance 23 database queries in 0.0105100 seconds