corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone Who Does Their Own Spraying...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone Who Does Their Own Spraying...
sigibbons

User status: Offline
10th Feb 05 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ned
i would personally say get it done somwhere being a hard colour like ultra blue to spray. cause if you mess it up you will have wasted almost the same amount of money.

thats what I would do anyway.

Yeah but its really not so hard if you take your time and with practice you can do all other bits of your car and save loads in the long run.
sigibbons

10th Feb 05 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Red_SXi
quote:
Originally posted by sigibbons
quote:
I remember before i got an air fed mask i really fucked myself up spraying 2pak all of the time without proper filteration. You'll be ok on the odd occasion tho

Yeah makes you feel really light headed after a few mins.

Gave me whooping cough and i nearly passed out on several occasions, its the thinners that is wots fuckin u up

Activator/Hardener i thought
Red_SXi

10th Feb 05 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The difference in quality is gettin a good orange peel on the lacquer, which means the more you put on, the smoother and better it is, but then too much and it'll run, also getting a smooth orange peel all over is difficult, you'll find its got dry areas here and there when you start doing it from scratch
Red_SXi

10th Feb 05 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I remember before i got an air fed mask i really fucked myself up spraying 2pak all of the time without proper filteration. You'll be ok on the odd occasion tho

Yeah makes you feel really light headed after a few mins.

Gave me whooping cough and i nearly passed out on several occasions, its the thinners that is wots fuckin u up

Activator/Hardener i thought

Well none of it is good for you, but i've worked with thinners before to strip some paint and my eyes hurt and i felt really dizzy for a while
sigibbons

10th Feb 05 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this any good mate?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=30923&item=7952208541&rd=1
Davidp18

10th Feb 05 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tis the activator/hardner that fucks u up cos its got isocynates in it basically cyanide n will proper fuck u up n i dont recommend using it unless u got a full face air fed mask
and-m

10th Feb 05 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont worry, its only a carcenogen, youll be fine.
FlamingCorsa

10th Feb 05 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just got a air fed mask so i can do 2 pac paints and i got mine cheep, davilbiss one which i have been told is the best for about £150!!! dam expencive but its actually cheep to wot it should be, also i got 2 compressors, one for mask 25litre one, and one for gun, 50 litre one! i only have a devilbiss suction feed gun but if all goes well gonna invest in a devilbiss gti gravity one, heard these are the best guns or one of the best!

when u look at the time it takes for a small job its prob not worht your while, i enjoy it, spent 5-6 hours rubbing my car down yesterday to get it smooth ready to paint, painting for first time with 2pac in next few days should be fun, off to mask up the car now!!! umm at 10:30, must me mad - lol
Sidesport

10th Feb 05 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isn't it bad to spray 2pack primer without proper ventilation?
ikky

10th Feb 05 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its bad to spray anything not in proper conditions. invest in the best mask you can afford, and use your common sense. i 2pac prime using a roller, but it stil does you over
kev_corsa

10th Feb 05 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we sprayed everything on the corsa c ourselves, its very important to wear a mask when using the 2pak cuz it contains cyanide i think - really fuks u up!
kev_corsa

10th Feb 05 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

o yeh, and cover you skin up too

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone Who Does Their Own Spraying... 23 database queries in 0.0066640 seconds