corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Rainbow components

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rainbow components
Gez G

User status: Offline
11th Feb 05 at 02:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was talking to the ex Focal/JM Lab rep today, he reckons these are going to be big.
Anyone else heard much?
chillout

11th Feb 05 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes mate a local shop in sunderland called tunres alarms used to be massive with focal then just recently had a major bust up with the focal boss and has now dropped the gear and are using rainbow components, ive also heard that there gear is meant to be big and is excellent at the top end of the market, i also back this becasue turners alarms manage to win hands down every year at iassca sound quality finals
Blue

11th Feb 05 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Turners have stopped dealing Focal??

Thought thats all they did there! Would like to see this Rainbow stuff and see whether it matches Focal.
AdiSRI

11th Feb 05 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rainbow stuff is high end, focal tweeters are very good, but IMO the mid units are a bit lacking in bass...
Gez G

11th Feb 05 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive bought a set, trusted the guys from MF2K Installations, getting them fitted to the Astra along with plenty of dynamat extreme in the doors, I will let you all know how they sound.

The reason I got these is that Stu, one of the guys from MF2K knows me personally and knows that I will kick the shit out of speakers, it will be running from a new genesis amp, quite looking forwrad to it, all using newly released or yet to be released stuff!
chillout

11th Feb 05 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do u know ron then from mf2k, i was up there on wednesday speaking to him that fiesta is pretty smart shud be good when finished
Gez G

12th Feb 05 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I know Ron, a severe lack of decent car audio places in Glasgow!
Bout the only one there is!
Yeah that Fiesta will be crazy when finished!
chillout

12th Feb 05 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he's a hard man to please Ron lol, i tried to get him to take on the oxygen gear but dnt fink he was to impresses anyway he wants me to pop back up in 2weeks with a few jet amps which cost a grand each
Gez G

14th Feb 05 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oxygen stuff looks quite impressive I must say, the install in the Corsa C and the van (in Max P) look good.
What do they sound like?
Fryer

14th Feb 05 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i believe that the top of the range rainbow components - reference line i thnk its called but not 100% - retail at around £6000, or so i was told by four, the guy who runs the company who import the gear into the uk!
chillout

14th Feb 05 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gez G
Oxygen stuff looks quite impressive I must say, the install in the Corsa C and the van (in Max P) look good.
What do they sound like?

neils corsa sounds amazing, loads of quality and yetlots of bass, the van is impressive to but he cnt turn it up full coz his headunit starts skipping, we have got a few major builds comming hopefuly b4 donny theres mine which is costing me bout 8k so far lol and thee an f150 which is going to have3 £900 18's in powerd by 6 £1000 jet amps which shud be even more impressive
Gez G

15th Feb 05 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, Rainbow make £6000 speakers.

Chillout mate, is there anyone up in Scotland using your stuff this year yet?
My astra is mainly going to be sounds - all top quality stuff, would they be offering any sponsorships at all?
chillout

15th Feb 05 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i went up to scotland last week it was my first trip up there to try and get the company in to scotland, i dint get to see many shops as so due to having a longer meeting than i thought with fast and modified lol, i tried that mf2k where you go in glasgow and i have to pop back up when im next up to show him the jet range, i then made my way north to inverness and got a decent shop called performance scotland, they said that they wud put us as there main audio dealers and are currently putting in a big order with us, the other shop i went to see was revs in glenrothes, they were very keen to take it on and i have a meeting with the boss next week mate, we have come to an advertising deal withfastand modified to try and and get our products in to shops in scotland, this is comming out int he next issue which i hope does well

as for the sponsership wot we cud do is knock u off 20% or sumfing but we cant give away gearjust yet due to this been our first year and our budget being so tight hope this helps
Gez G

16th Feb 05 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah dont expect stuff for free although that would be nice!
Could you email me a list of stuff/ prices?

Would be looking to run 6" 1/2 components up front (maybe 2 pairs)
2 x 12 " subs (about 400w each at least), and obv an amp to run components and another for the subs.

Could you u2u or email me a list of the equipment that would best suit my needs as well as prices, and if I can afford it, I may give the stuff a try!

There are a few other places in scotland that may be worth trying as well.
chillout

16th Feb 05 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will have a fink thru it tonite mate and email u 2moro cheers

New Poll