corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » Yorkshire » rolling

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author rolling
AJ890

User status: Offline
23rd Feb 05 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any1 know of any good garages in leeds for rolling arches. also i got a set of 17`s et42 will these fit on after rolling the arches.
cheers

[Edited on 06-03-2005 by AJ890]
Tom N

23rd Feb 05 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they will fit, but you wont be able to lower it much at all. it will probably scrub at the back -40mm.

get some more suitable offset wheels
AJ890

24th Feb 05 at 01:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was gunna drop it 40mm got the suspension kit ready aswell
Ben
Banned

4th Mar 05 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill cut your arches back for ya u2u me
Robbie

8th Mar 05 at 01:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you bond them back on when you have cut them Ben,i've just put some 17s on mine and they rub,especially when i am at full throttle,thinking about putting the 16s back on,didn't realise how much 17s slowed you down also and knackered up the handling,the wheels are et 45?i think,
Robbie

8th Mar 05 at 01:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AJ - there is a place advertised in the Auto Trader they are down Dick Lane Pudsey end somewhere for rolled arches!
Ben
Banned

8th Mar 05 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbie
do you bond them back on when you have cut them Ben,i've just put some 17s on mine and they rub,especially when i am at full throttle,thinking about putting the 16s back on,didn't realise how much 17s slowed you down also and knackered up the handling,the wheels are et 45?i think,

yeh bud , got a marker pen and drew a line 2mm below all the bolt holes , i then bonded the arches back on using sikaflex , theres no way they wll rub now
Ben
Banned

8th Mar 05 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have a go , if you get stuck ill come up and do it for you
AJ890

9th Mar 05 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i drop it 40mm will i need to bond the rear plastics arches bak on or will i hav to cut the metal. plus how do u get the rear and front plastic arches off cause i wanna colour code the. cheers
Ben
Banned

3rd Apr 05 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres some nuts behind the arches, unscrew them then the arch just pulls off , there is some self tapping bolts that clip into the arch , unclip them. you will see the holes on the metal arch lip (where the plastic arch clips onto) draw a line all the way around just under the holes , then cut with a jigsaw (only if you have a steady hand tho) if you dont buy a dremal , then just cut along the line you marked , once the lip has been cut out put a few big blobs of sikaflex , sticks like sh*t or any other strong adhesive , then leave for 15 min so it starts to get a bit tacky, then push the plastic arches back on , i used a clamp and left them for 25 hours , i now get no rubbing at all

or give me £50 and ill come over and do it for you

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » Yorkshire » rolling 24 database queries in 0.0118790 seconds