corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What should i do, keep or sell?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What should i do, keep or sell?
FINCH WXM

User status: Offline
26th Feb 05 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My cars goes in on monday for a full respray and to have work done on it. Ive just bought a full new bodykit and brand new wings and arches from vauxhall and thats going to be fitted as well. i'm just in the middle of doing the interior as well. Its just had a 2.0 16v transplant just before xmas, full re-build using genuine vaxhall parts and a £700 ported and polished head. Kw coilovers. Ive just bought a £500 6.5 inch sony windscreen tv and it also has a £1000 clifford alarm system.

This is jus afew of the recent purchases.

After what has happened today i dont know whether to keep the car once it comes out of the bodyshop or to sell it and buy a new car, i just seem to be spending alot of money on the car and unless i sell i probably always will!!!!!

What would you do?

also what sort of money do 2.0 16v corsa's go for these days?
bradfincham

26th Feb 05 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the point in spending all that, youll be lucky to see 4-5k!

only spend the cash if your up for enjoying the car rather than try and cover costs when you sell
FINCH WXM

26th Feb 05 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont get me wrong, i love the car but i just seem to be spending all the time. im just gutted with whats happened today.
Fear

26th Feb 05 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With the amount of money you have spent and are about to spend, the cost of fixing the bits that happened today are gonna be hardly anything of what you have and will spend!

whats happened today wont really cause you much grief or put the car of the road as it was gonna be anyway!
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
26th Feb 05 at 19:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unfortunate, but just fix it, you'll lose far more than the price of a bonnet if you sell so soon.
bradfincham

26th Feb 05 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

welcome to the modified car club,
by a standard car with FSH if you want no hassles and to keep some kind of price when you sell!

OR

Modify a car, enjoy it being personal, enjoy the power surprising people!

If you enjoy it and the smile factor is greater than the cost then keep, otherwise sell it!
Colin

26th Feb 05 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats alot of money to spend on an older car - you will never see much of it back so I say keep it and enjoy it
mav

26th Feb 05 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bradfincham
welcome to the modified car club,
by a standard car with FSH if you want no hassles and to keep some kind of price when you sell!

OR

Modify a car, enjoy it being personal, enjoy the power surprising people!

If you enjoy it and the smile factor is greater than the cost then keep, otherwise sell it!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What should i do, keep or sell? 23 database queries in 0.0084882 seconds