corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What invertor?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What invertor?
Calum1577

User status: Offline
1st Mar 05 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should i use to run an xbox? Also does anyone know if the xbox will fit in my glove box (3door corsa B)???
mobymaster

1st Mar 05 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Assuming 3 and 5dr are the same, It doesnt fit in the glove box straight away, ive got one in my 5dr and ive had to cut it away alot.

As for the inverter you need a 300w one. IMO xbox are better incar consoles as you can use it as an MP3 hard drive if your headunit has AUX in/via fm module.
Calum1577

1st Mar 05 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate. My screen will be taking the place of my head unit so am just using the xbox as an mp3/movie hard drive. Might just remove the glove box and screw some mounts to sit xbox in instead.
Dom

1st Mar 05 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Calum1577
Cheers mate. My screen will be taking the place of my head unit so am just using the xbox as an mp3/movie hard drive. Might just remove the glove box and screw some mounts to sit xbox in instead.

if that is the case, why dont you mount it either under a seat or in your boot, and get some wireless control pads etc etc

As for an invertor, i believe the PSU inside an xbox is a typical PC ATX psu - in which case you could swap it out for a 12V ATX psu which saves energy, is more efficient and produces next to no interfearence, unlike a invertor - which will cause nasty spikes and other crap on your electric system (unless you fork out for a decent jobby, but then your onto £££)
mobymaster

2nd Mar 05 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ Dom

Details of the 12v psu plz
Calum1577

2nd Mar 05 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by Calum1577

if that is the case, why dont you mount it either under a seat or in your boot, and get some wireless control pads etc etc

Trying to do most of this on cheap so new control pads are out of the game. Cant mount it under seats as i have buckets and so no space below them also if its in the boot i need to get out and go all the way around to change games or dvd's. Thanks for the help anyways though

As for an invertor, i believe the PSU inside an xbox is a typical PC ATX psu - in which case you could swap it out for a 12V ATX psu which saves energy, is more efficient and produces next to no interfearence, unlike a invertor - which will cause nasty spikes and other crap on your electric system (unless you fork out for a decent jobby, but then your onto £££)

New Poll