corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Couple of pics of my new car (pics of bad things ive found) need some quick help if its bad?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Couple of pics of my new car (pics of bad things ive found) need some quick help if its bad?
roxy

User status: Offline
16th Mar 05 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was told when i was buying the car to check for mayo type stuff under the cap, when i bought the car there was nothing there, now after a day of ownership there is this? is this what it is?

Does this mean i need a new head gasket?

More of this on the dip stick.

Leaking oil? new rocker cover? or would you say its old oil dirt? best way to find out ? clean it and see if it comes back?

slight crack in the door, nothing major?

Slight tapping noise in this area for 10secs after the car is started, after 10secs it goes away

Thank you ! you kind corsa experts

I can see im gonna be spending £400-600 fixing this car now, oh well thats what u get for paying £600 for a car if only i was rich
3CorsaMeal

16th Mar 05 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

clean all the oil off, and take it for a long spin, make sure u have a good amount of oil in engine, then check where its leaking, and if the mayo disappears.

clean out breather hoses too they could well be clogged with it

crack is door area it the B-pillar, very common problem
N90ATH

16th Mar 05 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i were u i would get the b pillir sorted now as it can become worse, vauxhall charge about 400 to solve the problem
Rileysport

16th Mar 05 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah the mayo crap isnt always a dead gasket... had it bin stood for a while? the b-pillar thing aint all that bad and is common, mines got no worse over the last 18 months and the old 8v engine wont cost much to sort for anything really... if i were closer i'd sort a head gasket out for you for beer
roxy

16th Mar 05 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for your help and comments!

Yes SRi-Co i belive the car has been standing still for a couple of weeks as the woman i bought the car off hasnt used it due to purchasing a bigger car.

So my do to list will be....

Sort out my lock *key broke inside the lock the dayy i got it*

Clean the car top to bottom

Clean engine bay

Run for 1-2 weeks.

See if any oil has leaked? if yes new rocker cover? cost?

BTW ive looked through the service receipts over the 11 years (92k miles) and there is no mention of a cam belt change???

Should it have been changed by now?
Timing belt has been changed is that the same?

Anyone got any websites so i can read up what each thing in the 1.2 8v engine does and when you should replace it. The search button on this website doesnt bring anything decent up!

Thanks again people!!! :X
broster
Premium Member

16th Mar 05 at 11:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

timing and ca belt are the same thing
as for advice on changing stuff, get a haynes manual for your car! its ever so handy

[Edited on 16-03-2005 by broster]
roxy

16th Mar 05 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent Timing belt (CAM BELT) was done 18months ago (20kish miles ago) so it should be fine

Yea im gonna have to get a haynes manual! Ill try and pick one up on ebay for a £5er
Rileysport

16th Mar 05 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rocker cover gasket 5 er tops, cam cover has probably warped though should cost booger all from a scrap yard get an oil and filter change done too, that should quieten things down a bit with the engine, works wonders with my engine
roxy

16th Mar 05 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SRi-Co
rocker cover gasket 5 er tops, cam cover has probably warped though should cost booger all from a scrap yard get an oil and filter change done too, that should quieten things down a bit with the engine, works wonders with my engine

Thanks again SRI-co.

Yes oil and filter will be done soon, is there any way you can flush the shit out? or just leave it drain for ages.

Is this the cam cover? looks quite tight to get that off

roxy

16th Mar 05 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also does the fuel filter need changing the same time?

Also found another thing wrong!!!!! temp gauge aint moving! been reading previous posts and most say change the temp sensor, but no one replies back saying yes it was the temp sensor.
This will need fixing also
Rileysport

16th Mar 05 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats cambelt cover, the bit you put oil into is the cam cover, about 15 minutes to sort that gasket... and yes its another common problem

fuel filter wont hurt to be changed, should cost no more than a tenner... its under the car just infront of the rear wheel on the drivers side, lookes like a shiny coke can with a pipe coming out of either end (you will spill fuel changing this so be warned )
Rileysport

16th Mar 05 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and yes your temp gauge probably will be the sensor, costs a few quid new from vauxhall, its in the inlet manifold somewhere i think
mjw_2k2

16th Mar 05 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when you change oil filter its best to change oil aswell, use some car engine flush before you change oil filter, that should flush all crappy stuff outa engine,

New Poll