corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Failed MOT on emissions...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Failed MOT on emissions...
mwg

User status: Offline
   21st Mar 05 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car failed its MOT on emissions

Fast Idle Test

CO: should be 0.30 or less tested at 0.69 so was a FAIL
Lambda: should be 0.97 - 1.03 and was tested at 0.98 so passed on that

but then

Second Fast Idle Test

CO: 1.30 so failed again!
Lambda: 0.96 so it failed on that too this time!!!!

Natural Idle Test

CO: should be less than 0.50 but was 1.80 so failed on that too :shock:

Its a 1999 1.2 16v Corsa. Its gonna have to go to Vauxhall and be put on the Tech2 but do you think it could be a faulty Lambda sensor? The computer should pick it up but want to have an idea before I go along anyway. Are Lambda sensors expensive?

Also it didnt fail on this but they said there was a bit of movement and wear in the suspension struts even though I had brand new uprated springs and shocks fitted all round in September. It shouldnt wear out that quick so I reckon Ive got good reason to go back and get a new set fitted for free cos they have either fitted them wrong or the suspension is dodgy as it has something like a 3-5 year guarantee on it!!!
Richie

User status: Offline
21st Mar 05 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lambda's are about £50. First try popping to halfords or a local motor factors to try and find a bottle of CATACLEAN. Its good stuff, the cat's are well popular for buggering up on 1.2 16v's.

New Poll