corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1.2 8v and 1.2i 8v

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.2 8v and 1.2i 8v
Jas

User status: Offline
7th Apr 05 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the differance?

[Edited on 07-04-2005 by Jason2004]
Matt G

7th Apr 05 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if ur on abt corsa's then there all injections if ur on abt 1.2 in general and 1.2i in general then 1 is injection and 1 isnt
Jas

7th Apr 05 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol i know.. but like speed wise i meant...
vxsri

7th Apr 05 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.2 carb is probably quicker cos all single point injection vauxhalls were crap compared to the carb versions they repaced, like the cavalier 1.8i
simonp

8th Apr 05 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are almost the same engine. 1.2i's are basically carbs carbs anyway to all intents and purposes. SPi's just use electronic fuel metering for one injector which sits inside a carb. It also takes other readings in much the same way as conventional MPi engines.

They were basically brought in for emissions regulations so that fitting a catalytic converter could be possible. First fitted to late spec Novas. (C12NZ)

They are slower though than the full carb versions. 1800Spi Cavalier is the best SPi engine VX do/did. Even that is slow. The 1.4 ‘hi-torque’ (C14NZ) engine as found in the MK3 Astra is probably the worst. Sounds totally pitiful, especially with a performance filter fitted.
IntaCepta

8th Apr 05 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by simonp
They are almost the same engine. 1.2i's are basically carbs carbs anyway to all intents and purposes. SPi's just use electronic fuel metering for one injector which sits inside a carb. It also takes other readings in much the same way as conventional MPi engines.

They were basically brought in for emissions regulations so that fitting a catalytic converter could be possible. First fitted to late spec Novas. (C12NZ)

They are slower though than the full carb versions. 1800Spi Cavalier is the best SPi engine VX do/did. Even that is slow. The 1.4 ‘hi-torque’ (C14NZ) engine as found in the MK3 Astra is probably the worst. Sounds totally pitiful, especially with a performance filter fitted.

Don't I know it!
simonp

8th Apr 05 at 00:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha! LOL, don't worry, I have a C18NZ in my Cavalier Cesaro...it's my runabout, so not bothered. But it's slow and has a flat sounding engine.
Cybermonkey

8th Apr 05 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason2004
the differance?

[Edited on 07-04-2005 by Jason2004]

one is fuel injected, the other is carb-fed. Very early 1.2 8v Merits were fitted with the carb-fed version, i have seen one example of this on a K plate. Engine and gearbox lifted straight from the nova. 4 speed F10. All other 1.2 8v model types were fitted with fuel injected 1.2 8v's, and fitted with a cat and EGR etc etc, power dropped by about 10bhp as a result Most Merits were fitted with the Fuel Injected engine after 1993.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1.2 8v and 1.2i 8v 23 database queries in 0.0107839 seconds