corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What to do ??? New engine

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What to do ??? New engine
ruebs

User status: Offline
   7th Apr 05 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need advice on what to do

I have a opel corsa 1.6 16v gsi and the body and interior is in good nic bought it for $AU3800 but it has done 96000km change timing belts and master brake cyclinder but i think engine a bit flacky I see a lot of people taking about conversions to 2ltr should I investigate and if so does anyone now who can help me in Sydney Australia or should i maybe get my current engine rebuilt by taking out of the car myself to save $$$$ do people rebuild 1.6 16v engines I need some good advice

Thanks in Advance

Ruebs
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

7th Apr 05 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im re-building a 1.6 16v at the moment. not really difficult, but takes a bit of time!
Cybermonkey

8th Apr 05 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ruebs
Need advice on what to do

I have a opel corsa 1.6 16v gsi and the body and interior is in good nic bought it for $AU3800 but it has done 96000km change timing belts and master brake cyclinder but i think engine a bit flacky I see a lot of people taking about conversions to 2ltr should I investigate and if so does anyone now who can help me in Sydney Australia or should i maybe get my current engine rebuilt by taking out of the car myself to save $$$$ do people rebuild 1.6 16v engines I need some good advice

Thanks in Advance

Ruebs

unless you want to spend shit loads of cash importing a 20XE from Europe, maybe look into getting a newer Holden engine like one from a Vectra or Astra.
Or just get a better condition X16XE and replace.
ExtremeVB

8th Apr 05 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you actually "rebuild" an engine? What do you do?
Siberia

8th Apr 05 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ExtremeVB
How do you actually "rebuild" an engine? What do you do?

strip it down and renew all the internal parts so its like it was when i came from the factory....

New Poll