corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Decatting a 1.0 12v

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Decatting a 1.0 12v
seanreay1986

User status: Offline
16th Apr 05 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My cat has had a problem with the cat getting split a few times so i have decided seeing as i am getting a new engine in next month i might as well decat it instead or buying a new one. Just wondering what the sensor is that goes in the top of the cat on these cars?

Cheers
danny-corsa

16th Apr 05 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the sensor is the o2 sensor and if your going to fit a de-cat you wont be needing it. if your replacing the engine with a 1.0l i dont think you will be able to de-cat it cos the cat is in the manifold and i dont think you can get 3 branch manifolds
seanreay1986

16th Apr 05 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am getting a 1.4 16v fitted mate so different exhaust altogether etc
seanreay1986

16th Apr 05 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what will happen when the sensor is disconnected?
danny-corsa

16th Apr 05 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u may get an engine light on but im not sure on that one. the o2 sensor is only there to measure the amount of gases going through the exhaust. i dont THINK it affects the fueling etc... the air flow meter should do that so you should be ok

New Poll