corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bird Shit...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bird Shit...
mav

User status: Offline
23rd Apr 05 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's all good...

they tyres were 6 months old..what you been doing to them...........

heat shield should be easy to re-attach...
Rebrabuk

23rd Apr 05 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done nothing to the tyres, traction control hasn't even been off yet..

I think they were just cheap shitty tyres that the previous owner fitted.
Rebrabuk

23rd Apr 05 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think the heatshield thing will reattach either because the botls are still screwed into the underside of the car but the holes in the heatshield feel like the metal has just split around the bolts to make it come loose.. Probably just pull it off or find a new one from scrappy's.
mav

23rd Apr 05 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rebrabuk

OI..........

heatshield at the centre box yeah???
Rebrabuk

23rd Apr 05 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mav
quote:
Originally posted by Rebrabuk

OI..........

heatshield at the centre box yeah???

Quite impressed with the tyres actually, grip really well in wet or dry, they've just worn out far too quickly. I've only done 3500 miles (plus whatever you did)..

Heatshield thing is around the box bit that sits right in the centre of the underside of the car. The shield is still attached at the front end of the car, but the back end is hanging off but screws are still screwed in and it feels like they've just ripped through the metal.

Ever since i got the car i could hear a slight tinny/metal sort of rattle as i started the car and i always just thought it was the backbox rattling on it's hinges. Only hear it at initial start up so didn't bother me. Just noticed the heatshield thing today when i was looking underneath (for no real reason.. ).. When i goto get my tyres fitted during the week i'll ask them to get it up on the ramps and see if it can be screwed back on.

Just sourced a new air box pipe from a lad off VVOC who is going to the meet tomorrow. He gonna fit it for me aswell so that's sorted.

Just found a new passenger wing mirror aswell to fix the cracked casing from where the previous owner introduced it to the garden wall. And i'm trying to get some new door seals because they're split aswell - but i've known that for ages..

[Edited on 23-04-2005 by Rebrabuk]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bird Shit... 23 database queries in 0.0176120 seconds