corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help with opening boot

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help with opening boot
corsa_boy_matt

User status: Offline
26th Apr 05 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hav recently removed the lock and wiper from the boot of my corsa and filled them in, then i fitted my solenoid, the problem is that when i press the button for the solenoid it unlocks and then latches back onto the safety latch so icant get into my boot unless i hold the button in while someone else goes and opens the boot, if anyonehere knows a way of getting around this it would be much appreciated.

sunshine beast

26th Apr 05 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i grinded the second lip down which is the saftey catch as i had the same problem. cut it off with angle grinder sorted
Greasemonkey

26th Apr 05 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

/\ what he said, or possibly get some mega powerfull boot lifter struts so they lift the boot clear open once popped
MR2Mike

26th Apr 05 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most boot solenoids are dodgy and arent powerful enough to lift a boot mate... my mate was going to get one fitted to his nova n the guy at JL ACoustics sed the same, so he suggested fitting a little button underneath his spoiler (hidden) which will pop the boot (and youll b stood their to lift it) so ur boot is still smooth, but u have a little button hidden away

New Poll