corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Apple Computers

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Apple Computers
BlueCorsa

User status: Offline
10th May 05 at 06:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Macs are great! You can just plug stuff like mice and printers in without need to install drivers unlike Windows.

I'm getting 12" iBook soon, student discount is pretty good - about 15% off I think.

It is a cnut to upgrade the hard drive on them, virtually the whole machine has to come out of the shell and the drive is at the bottom, but if the new ones are the same as the old machine then the memory is just under the keyboard.

OS X looks better than Windows too And with built-in bluetoot, u can use a bluetooth 2-button mouse and it works just like it would with Windows for context menus and stuff.
Dom

10th May 05 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by liamC
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by liamC
quote:
Originally posted by Peugeot Nut
What are they any good for?

Fuck all. Hate them. Not user-friendly. Pile of shite.

how are they not user friendly??? apart from the single mouse button (which you can use a normal pc mouse) and the apple key, they do everything the same as a windows

Macs are great, especially from graphics design, music production, video editing etc - ie: PROPPER powerful applications. Plus you'll find that if you run something like photoshop, it is actually faster on a mac (similar spec systems etc).

However, aye, you cant really upgrade without spending abit more on bits and pieces. And there not ROCK solid like some people say, but i was using one for a year or so and it only crashed once or twice, so there not that bad

As for games, you can still get stuff like Halo, MOH, COD etc

edit - also Liam if you talking about "not user-friendly" then get a linux box. You have to recompile the fecking kernel are all sorts if you want to install drivers <- yes it may be more powerful, but it certainly takes a while to learn unlike OS9/OSX and windows etc

[Edited on 09-05-2005 by Dom]

How much easier is it to right click as opposed to pissing about holding ctrl and clicking?

I sit on Mac's every Monday afternoon for 4 hours and do no work whatsoever. I wait til I go home and do it in half the time.

When using photoshop/flash etc why would I want to see the desktop inbetween the document and the tools etc?

When browsing the file system, why would I want every window to open in a new window?

Also not having the ability to choose what program you quickly want to use by flicking through the open applications via a taskbar (Instead of alt + tab) is ridiculous.

Keyboard - Why have the american version, with the @ and the " the other way round when the UK has, and always have had it the other way?

Graphic design is what theyre used for yes, but I can do things in flash/dreamweaver/photoshop 100 times quicker on a PC than on a mac.

As much as people say they hate Windows for whatever reason, to me it'll always be 10 times better than a mac OS, from their quickness to browse between programs and their available software, to the "modding" of the windows OS using things such as theme xp, etc etc.

Long live Windows.

[Edited on 09-05-2005 by liamC]

like i said mate, you can use a normal pc mouse and keyboard, so you dont have to use any of that hold down apple key etc etc
Again, the file system you can get it to open up in one window just like on a pc, same as you can get every window to be a new one on a pc.

But then again, its what ever you get used to i suppose
Rebrabuk

10th May 05 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BlueCorsa
Macs are great! You can just plug stuff like mice and printers in without need to install drivers unlike Windows.

Printers without drivers? Doubt it...

quote:
I'm getting 12" iBook soon, student discount is pretty good - about 15% off I think.

Make sure you get that AppleCare warranty!

quote:
but if the new ones are the same as the old machine then the memory is just under the keyboard.

They are.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Apple Computers 23 database queries in 0.0086510 seconds