corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I cant get decent traction!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I cant get decent traction!
ed

User status: Offline
24th May 05 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Learn to drive or get better tyres.
Twiggy

24th May 05 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Without being rude wially

I didnt skimp on my engine, i spent alot more than average buying my engine from a "reputable" supplier with a sealed head all cleaned up and painted, not having a "full" rebuild, but seeing as it had only covered 19k more than then engine currently in my car i didnt bother.

The only thing wrong with my car is the loom needs repairing and alos i have noisy lifters and tappets, which is a common problem with XE/LETs.

I dont see the relevance of your comment at all IMO.

The guy posted about using shit tyres and wondered why he couldnt get traction, i have decnt tyres on my car, i always will have.

Then I apoglise, I thought you were one of the goons who shoved a turbo engine in your car without rebuilding it then whined when it broke, as I was sure I read comments from you saying "I wish I did x y z", obviously I'm wrong so I'll take my comments back.

You dont see the link between my comment? well if the case WAS that you shoved it in without taking precautions, it would be perfectly valid. But we have now established it isnt, and I didn't mean to upset your feelings.

Arrrrr group hug!!!!!

Though how does suspension help u get off the line?? Round corners yes! Am i thick as fuck???

[Edited on 24-05-2005 by REDSPORT]

[Edited on 24-05-2005 by REDSPORT]
ed

24th May 05 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Dont bother spending money on an engine if you cant be bothered to put half decent tyres on the car.

I never understand why people overlook this factor. Its the ONLY thing between you and the road, it could save your life, save you money, make your car handle better stop quicker. and also spin less!!

Stop being a cheap skate and go and buy some decnt tyres!

You will find that more progressive throttle as mentioned above will help also but you will instantly have a car that is 10x more drivable

without being rude, didnt you shove a pretty old turbo engine in your car without getting it rebuilt?
Don't start this again, Ojc will threaten to kill you
Twiggy

24th May 05 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1800ed
Learn to drive or get better tyres.

get back in with my instructor!! Hey lets do some launches!!!
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

24th May 05 at 11:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1800ed
quote:
quote:
Dont bother spending money on an engine if you cant be bothered to put half decent tyres on the car.

I never understand why people overlook this factor. Its the ONLY thing between you and the road, it could save your life, save you money, make your car handle better stop quicker. and also spin less!!

Stop being a cheap skate and go and buy some decnt tyres!

You will find that more progressive throttle as mentioned above will help also but you will instantly have a car that is 10x more drivable

without being rude, didnt you shove a pretty old turbo engine in your car without getting it rebuilt?
Don't start this again, Ojc will threaten to kill you

I wasnt questioning the supplier of the engine, as I know the supplier on a personally and wouldnt doubt his work. Also where my engine came from.
CorsAsh

24th May 05 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by REDSPORT
quote:
quote:
Without being rude wially

I didnt skimp on my engine, i spent alot more than average buying my engine from a "reputable" supplier with a sealed head all cleaned up and painted, not having a "full" rebuild, but seeing as it had only covered 19k more than then engine currently in my car i didnt bother.

The only thing wrong with my car is the loom needs repairing and alos i have noisy lifters and tappets, which is a common problem with XE/LETs.

I dont see the relevance of your comment at all IMO.

The guy posted about using shit tyres and wondered why he couldnt get traction, i have decnt tyres on my car, i always will have.

Then I apoglise, I thought you were one of the goons who shoved a turbo engine in your car without rebuilding it then whined when it broke, as I was sure I read comments from you saying "I wish I did x y z", obviously I'm wrong so I'll take my comments back.

You dont see the link between my comment? well if the case WAS that you shoved it in without taking precautions, it would be perfectly valid. But we have now established it isnt, and I didn't mean to upset your feelings.

Arrrrr group hug!!!!!

Though how does suspension help u get off the line?? Round corners yes! Am i thick as fuck???

Standard squashy suspension means the car spends time and some engine power squatting down, whereas uprated suspension is harder, won't give way as much, meaning more of the engines power goes into blasting you off the line quicker.
broster
Premium Member

24th May 05 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also with coil oveer your can paly with the ride height, moving the weight over the front wheels making it heavyer there and therefore grip better
AK

24th May 05 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hard susp = more spin

bouncy susp help weight transfer on RWD...

you want all the weight to the front..... only way to do this (not ideal for road) is to 'jack' the rear up using coilovers etc
Jambo

24th May 05 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No offence taken willay just didnt see the relevance! Have a big kiss instead xxxxxxMUAHxxxxxxx

I did wish i had done it differently, i wouldnt have spent alot on the engine i would have brought a cheap one and replaced EVERYTHING, its the only way to be sure that u have a good runne,r but you learn from your mistakes! But there are alot of plus points of the way i did it too, so in short you win some you loose some

I just complain alot Things arent always as bad as they seem

I love you Ed
Twiggy

24th May 05 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have some "unknown" shocks and springs which i bout from germany...All i know that they lower the car 40mm!
Ant

24th May 05 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As everybody else says tyres make a huge difference, I went from cheap shit tyres to goodyear eagles, used to spin loads, hardly anything now.
Rob H

24th May 05 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath1985
wot toyo's did u use???? i had T1s or something and on a no lowered car the griped like glue even in the wet so not sure how u can say that

If you drive like a goon (which he clearly seems to... well its true given by the evidence so far ), you can get any car to spin up if you stamp the pedal hard enough, and flick the clutch off. My mate used to be able to leave a massive "11's" or a smoke trail if he wanted to. Thats with a 1.4 16v, on 17" Goodyear Eagle f1's .
Twiggy

24th May 05 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob H
quote:
Originally posted by Nath1985
wot toyo's did u use???? i had T1s or something and on a no lowered car the griped like glue even in the wet so not sure how u can say that

If you drive like a goon (which he clearly seems to... well its true given by the evidence so far ), you can get any car to spin up if you stamp the pedal hard enough, and flick the clutch off. My mate used to be able to leave a massive "11's" or a smoke trail if he wanted to. Thats with a 1.4 16v, on 17" Goodyear Eagle f1's .

I aint no goon!!! TBH it was me first 1/4 with the xe so bound to fuck it up!
Rob H

24th May 05 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Twiggy

24th May 05 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob H

Wanna but a rear strut brace....

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I cant get decent traction! 23 database queries in 0.6365600 seconds