corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Coil over springs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Coil over springs
FozzyGSI

User status: Offline
27th May 05 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which company was it that did 2.0 coilover springs which suit AVO's and cope better with the heavier redtop engine in a corsa ?

Mine keeps bottoming out because i think the current ones arnt strong enough and i dont want to higher it up any more it sits just right.

(BTW already tried a search)
Joff

27th May 05 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Avo could supply them. They'd just be a standard size main spring, but the company you're on about is possibly Harry Hockley.
broster
Premium Member

27th May 05 at 21:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

demon tweeks do them, the spring is a standard 2.25" spring
FozzyGSI

27th May 05 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers 4 the help Joff

If i rang AVO what would i ask for
(im not exactly an expert on cars)

FozzyGSI

27th May 05 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aahhh........Demon tweeks now your talking. Are they definatly stronger or what ever the technical term is ?
Joff

27th May 05 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just tell them what coilovers you've got and that you want a main spring able to cope with a heavier engine.
FozzyGSI

27th May 05 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Legends
James R

27th May 05 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try RSC motorsport, think you'll be after 250lbs springs, but Rob will know what is best, also you need to know what height the springs are as they come in different lengths 7" 9" for example.
broster
Premium Member

28th May 05 at 10:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was chatting to some blokes who race an xr2, it had 800lb springs on the back, the only movement was in the tyre wall. i thought mine was hard!
TOMAS

29th May 05 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

800lbs - jeezus!! Im running 300lbers 2.25" dia on my Harry Hockley GrpA's with a 20XE lump, thats at 40mm drop on the front. A little hard IMO maybe 260/270lbs would suit a road a little better. At the end of the day theres nothing better that a little more ride height to introduce more travel for good handling. I went up from 60mm to 40mm and the difference is incredible even with the same springs - mine bottom out at about 90/100mm.
broster
Premium Member

29th May 05 at 10:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have 250lb on mine and its lowered about 45-50, can go very low but as you say, low dont isnt good for uk roads!
Joff

29th May 05 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by j1400
Try RSC motorsport, think you'll be after 250lbs springs, but Rob will know what is best, also you need to know what height the springs are as they come in different lengths 7" 9" for example.

Agreed, speaking to Rob on another matter and he's definately a font of knowledge.
Joff

29th May 05 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
i was chatting to some blokes who race an xr2, it had 800lb springs on the back, the only movement was in the tyre wall. i thought mine was hard!

Movement in the tyre wall... and the driver! Ouch.
FozzyGSI

29th May 05 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i bought longer than standard springs would this mean i could keep the same ride height without the usual bottoming out or am i talking bollocks??

New Poll