corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » brakes??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author brakes??
frog_southampton

User status: Offline
30th May 05 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i need new breaks on my corsa sport 1.4 16v 1999(T reg)

Would i beable to put vectra GSi disc's/pads or summint on it?
would i notice difference?

(i got the standard wheels on it)

thanks
Twiggy

30th May 05 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No point on a 1.4... better to get 2.0 valver brakes... Loads cheaper and offers good stopping! (the slow my 2.0 corsa down fine!)
Ant

30th May 05 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

be prepared for poor pedal feel though to much displacement is needed in calipres, I have 2.0 ATE calipres the performance is very good but the first half of the pedal is not very firm at all, I could prob adjust this on the pedal but looks a real ball ache to do.
Siberia

31st May 05 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aritchie
be prepared for poor pedal feel though to much displacement is needed in calipres, I have 2.0 ATE calipres the performance is very good but the first half of the pedal is not very firm at all, I could prob adjust this on the pedal but looks a real ball ache to do.

that shouldnt be happening on wte brakes... have you got braided lines? are your brakes bled properly.....

i have v6 brakes and i did have 4-pots on my corsa and have ver little spongyness...
Ant

31st May 05 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes my brakes have braded lines and are fitted and bled correctly simple hyrdaulics more fluid is needed to move the ate calipers than the originals, I never noticed the shit feel till i drove other cars, dont get me wrong I have some stopping power but I kike the pedal to be up at the top and solid

New Poll