corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Didn't take long !

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Didn't take long !
GREG 1

User status: Offline
20th Jun 05 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ukflava.com/auctiondetails.php?id=100756
antscorsa

20th Jun 05 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are youf gona stop it or let it go
GREG 1

20th Jun 05 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure what to do ?
Paul_J

20th Jun 05 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

leave them on there and post around the place that your site has live 8 tickets! could generate a lot of interest in your site

Think how much press coverage ebay got about selling on theirs!

Send a email (from a non @ukflava.com email address) to bbc etc and say 'I think it's disgusting this site is selling tickets' linking to your ukflava site haha - try to get people talking about it.

Put on your site 'Only auction site to allow sales of Live 8 Tickets'

You imagine if everyone started trying to sell them on your site - it'd gain a lot of interest!
Dom

20th Jun 05 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye, i would do what paul says....eitherway, they cant stop you selling them, so its all good
GREG 1

20th Jun 05 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL !
Tom

20th Jun 05 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's pretty clever ^^ but also slightly wrong.
Tom

but I don't think your web space provider would be too happy.
Carl

let them sell them. money already been generated for the charity so if this person gives to charity abit of profit then its a bonus. If not its not harmed the charity in anyway. imo
Paul_J

20th Jun 05 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CrazyCarlo
let them sell them. money already been generated for the charity so if this person gives to charity abit of profit then its a bonus. If not its not harmed the charity in anyway. imo

exactly this is what I thought about ebay!

I still think you should send a few things to TV / radio stations or something ... post on a Live 8 message board that ukflava has some for sale etc ...

But do it from a 3rd person point of view... as anyone who ever posts 'Hey check out my site' no one wants to know! - where as if you post 'Haha look I just found this site that's selling Live 8 tickets' people may view if interested

The thing is a site like a auction site is a catch 22 situation... you need to be selling things to get people to come view the site and buy... but you need people to come and buy for people to want to sell things.

A strange event like this - which if you did right and got loads of attention would get the people and possibly start the site snowballing and thus auto growing on its own.
GREG 1

20th Jun 05 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:
Originally posted by CrazyCarlo

exactly this is what I thought about ebay!

I still think you should send a few things to TV / radio stations or something ... post on a Live 8 message board that ukflava has some for sale etc ...

But do it from a 3rd person point of view... as anyone who ever posts 'Hey check out my site' no one wants to know! - where as if you post 'Haha look I just found this site that's selling Live 8 tickets' people may view if interested

The thing is a site like a auction site is a catch 22 situation... you need to be selling things to get people to come view the site and buy... but you need people to come and buy for people to want to sell things.

A strange event like this - which if you did right and got loads of attention would get the people and possibly start the site snowballing and thus auto growing on its own.

Exactly right dude, made £250 today from an advertising deal today aswell
Paul_J

20th Jun 05 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Played mate

I know one of the hardest parts of having a site is getting it up and running ... You can have the best site ever - but until it really starts snowballing it's very easy to die.

You gotta get people there, but you need people to be there already for them to come... a Crazy Chicken & Egg situation!

Good luck
GREG 1

20th Jun 05 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep its true mate, its more powerful than ebay believe it or not

It's getting there now though, today was a big boost when i nailed that advertising deal.

Also spent alot (and still am) on advertising / website optimisation

Gaining around 5-10 new customers a day

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Didn't take long ! 23 database queries in 0.0092871 seconds