corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » cracked bumper - pain match help needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cracked bumper - pain match help needed
hodaz

User status: Offline
27th Jun 05 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite, about 3 months ago someone reversed into the car while it was parked in the street and cracked the rear bumper, i have no idea who, and am obviously not guna claim on my insurance. i have been tryin to get it fixed BUT the problem is the metaflake paint on the car, i went to the orginal garage that did the respray but the guy that done the respray has moved on from there so they dont do "fancy" paintjobs anymore, and when i went to a couple of other local bodyshops they said that because the metaflake was a one off they would have do a full respray to make it look decent, as there's no chance that they could get a half decent match, so basically my question is that - am i buggered or are the bodyshops tryin to fleece me into gettin a full respray? can anyone reccomend anywhere that will give it a go maybees?
Simon

27th Jun 05 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats probly the truth, if its a custom paint then a touch up might not work too well
hodaz

27th Jun 05 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon
thats probly the truth, if its a custom paint then a touch up might not work too well

aye a think so, apparently what am told the guy come is just mixed a pot of multi coloured glitter from claires accessories on with clear lacquer? looks the nuts, just a shame am guna have to live with the crack
Adge

29th Jun 05 at 05:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never get it perfect but bet can get it damn close, the whole bumper will need to be sprayed tho, i reckon about £200 tops mate

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » cracked bumper - pain match help needed 23 database queries in 0.0116720 seconds