corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Seat Belt Fines?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Seat Belt Fines?
the_legend_of_yrag

User status: Offline
1st Jul 05 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a £30 fine for not wearing a seat belt on the 17th of april of this year.

Sent the payment off on the 21st by cheque, but got a letter in the post on wednesday 29th of june, saying it hadnt beed paid.

Checked my bank statements and see it's not come out

Obviously theve decided to chuck on another £15 to the fine for non payment, but i need to know if there is a limit of time the have to send out for collection of the money?

As mobile speeding tickets are usually 6 weeks arnt they? And this has now been 10 and a half weeks since the offence.

Anyone shed any light on what rights i have? Even to pay the normal £30 i sent anyway?

Should have sent the fine recorded
sassyminx

1st Jul 05 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any fine that isnt paid within the 28 days goes up by £50 iirc

the_legend_of_yrag

1st Jul 05 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This one goes up by £15 as the payment they are asking for now is £45.

Its been 10 and a half weeks since the offence when this letter was sent out to me.
sassyminx

1st Jul 05 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by the_legend_of_yrag
This one goes up by £15 as the payment they are asking for now is £45.

Its been 10 and a half weeks since the offence when this letter was sent out to me.

think it goes up like £15 a month doesnt it, so in theory it should be about £75 now?
vibrio
Banned

1st Jul 05 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you could send them a letter saying that you cannot be held responsable for the cheque being lost int he post. if the fine was to come late you'd still have to pay it they should have to avide by the same rules
Graeme
Premium Member

1st Jul 05 at 15:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u legally still have to pay it but if u can prove some how that you sent off a cheque to them on what ever date it was then u may just have to pay the original fine!
will be hard to prove it so if you cant just pay it before it goes up again!!
the_legend_of_yrag

1st Jul 05 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know i have no proof

just didnt know if they had a certain amount of time to request the money.

as 10 weeks is a long time!!
langey

1st Jul 05 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell them to GTF you sent a cheuqe not your problem its not been delivard or cashed by them
Danny P

1st Jul 05 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You get the £30 Fixed Pen from the Police and you get 21 days to pay it.

If it is not paid by the 21st day then the Police will send it to your local magistrates court and it then becomes fine registered and goes up by 50%, and is payable to local court. It will not go up anymore than this.

Best thing to do mate is contact your local Magistrates Court who will now hold the fine. Explain to them what has happend but the likley hood will be that you will have to pay £45 as proof of postage is not proof of Delivery. It is possible that if you request a court hearing you will be able to attend court and put you case forward to the Magistrates, and then it is up to thethem to decide wether or not you can pay the original £30, or have to pay the £45.
the_legend_of_yrag

1st Jul 05 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill pay £45 then save hassel etc, prob cost me more in the end getting to court and back

Sent them a letter any how saying cant pay thise month untill im paid on the 21st!
Danny P

1st Jul 05 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by the_legend_of_yrag
ill pay £45 then save hassel etc, prob cost me more in the end getting to court and back

Sent them a letter any how saying cant pay thise month untill im paid on the 21st!

If Cambridgeshire Magistrates are anything like Leeds then they wont issue any warrants until at least another month or so anyways
philrussell81

2nd Jul 05 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine went up from 30 to 45 after so many days, then a warrant for arrest is issued against u if u stil domt pay
Rob_Quads

2nd Jul 05 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless you have proof of delivery then its up to you to payup.
Putting it in the post guarentees nothing. If you want it to arrive for definate with a signiture you need to pay the extra postage for it

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Seat Belt Fines? 23 database queries in 0.0107729 seconds