corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Adjusting Camber....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Adjusting Camber....
ed

User status: Offline
12th Jul 05 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How is it done and what parts do I need. I am not going to be using FK coilovers with camber adjustment if possible... Heard you can get new top mounts or something that let you adjust the camber? Not wirried if it is quite expensive because a new set of front tyres will set me back about £400-£500.....
ed

12th Jul 05 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah, does anyone know aything about these thingies?

http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/asps/ShowDetails.asp?id=1219
Siberia

12th Jul 05 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hrm... how the feck to they work? oh and i'm acutally getting rid of my fk highsports because the camber adjust is truely shit
ed

12th Jul 05 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, they look impossible to set up, surely camber needs to be adjusted with the wheel on the car? But the FK kit can only be adjsuted with the wheel off the car? It looks really inaccuracte too...
ed

12th Jul 05 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yea, I'm only lowered 40mm too... Must be because of the wheel size
Siberia

12th Jul 05 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jesus christ... you have just summed up my entire year of trying to get the camber right with these

yes i agree you must set the set tracking and camber with the wheels on the car but u open the top bolt on the fk and they will just drop to about 5degrees neg camber

the the only way that i could see to do it was to put the machine on see what it reads then whip the wheel off adjust it to what you 'think' is right measure it again with the wheels on ... this normally went on for a few hours about 3-4 attempts i'd just get bored and say "ah it will do" resulting in crap handling...

i wont even go into trying to get a wheel to fit when you lower them
roll on a nice set of koni's in august...

[Edited on 12-07-2005 by Siberia]
James R

13th Jul 05 at 02:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you run coil overs then get a set of eccentric top mounts. more importantly they allow you to adjust the castor of the car. TAS, harry hockley or RSC (I'm a fan of the last one) will get the job done. FK seems to cause major ball ache and not help the issue at all, merely a spec list add-on

James
Siberia

13th Jul 05 at 07:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by j1400
if you run coil overs then get a set of eccentric top mounts. more importantly they allow you to adjust the castor of the car. TAS, harry hockley or RSC (I'm a fan of the last one) will get the job done. FK seems to cause major ball ache and not help the issue at all, merely a spec list add-on

James

yeh i got taking in by this fact... needless to say i wasnt impressed when i fitted them

these top mounts you speak of will they work with koni yellows? i was going to by a set of vaux top mounts so i can build up the shockd and then just arrive at my mates garage and throw them in in a half hour... but i'd go for these if there better and more importantly fit (pics would be good )
ed

13th Jul 05 at 07:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really don't want coilovers, they won't fit on my car properly without spacers.... What about camber bolts? Whiteline make them, they are a bit of a rip off, but cheaper than a set of tyres ever few months.....
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

21st Apr 06 at 04:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
broster
Premium Member

21st Apr 06 at 06:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant use the adjustable top mounts with the koni's sadly as i found out, there isnt enough room in the strut for movement
James R

21st Apr 06 at 07:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The other option is do what the nova boys do and drill the turret mounting holes otu board abotu 7mm, if you search on novaload it's been covered lots.

Plan B is to use Rose joints on the end of the TCA to make adjustable to allowe camber adjustment.

And lowering the tie bars helpos handling lots too.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

21st Apr 06 at 08:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i should be getting some camber adjustment bolts for my H&R coilovers.. just need to find somewhere to set it up properly.
ed

21st Apr 06 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The other option is do what the nova boys do and drill the turret mounting holes otu board abotu 7mm, if you search on novaload it's been covered lots.

Plan B is to use Rose joints on the end of the TCA to make adjustable to allowe camber adjustment.

And lowering the tie bars helpos handling lots too.
Whats the TCA? I have a few rose joints somewhere...
a_j_mair

21st Apr 06 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am getting adjustable top mounts off ebay fitted and setup today, will let you know what the difference is like
rallyman

21st Apr 06 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Only problem with adjusting the length of the tca to adjust the cambe is that you change the amount of plunge on the inner cv joint which could lead to problems.

Chris
a_j_mair

24th Apr 06 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have my mounts fitted, car is set higher than i really wanted but is handling so much better. top mounts were bout shot anyway. has made the car feel far more stale at speed and more controled in corners, a must if you ask me

New Poll