corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » 1997/P Vauxhall Astra GLS 1.4 16v 5 door auto for sale - £895 ONO

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1997/P Vauxhall Astra GLS 1.4 16v 5 door auto for sale - £895 ONO
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Aug 05 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Astra is up for sale as I can no longer afford to maintain/run it at this point in time and will have go back to using public transport once again - yay (not). I have owned the car since November 2004, and it hasn't broken down on me at any point.

Details are as follows:

1997/P Vauxhall Astra GLS 1.4 16v 5 door auto

• 81k miles
  • X14XE 1.4 16v 90bhp engine
  • AF13 4-speed auto gearbox with sport and winter modes
  • Metallic Satin Red
  • Front fog lights
  • Air conditioning (was regassed in January)
  • Central locking with deadlocking facility
  • Electric front windows, and heated mirrors
  • Electric aerial
  • Power steering
  • Leather steering wheel with airbag
  • 15" Vauxhall alloy wheels with Falken ZE512 195/55/15 tyres all round
  • Powerflow cat-back stainless steel exhaust system with twin oval tailpipes
  • Smoked side repeaters with silver bulbs (glows orange when lit)
  • Debadged and door bump strips removed
  • Well documented service history
  • 3 previous owners
  • MOT and tax till February 2006
  • Very cheap to insure and tax

Both the front discs and pads, and the rear drums and shoes have been changed by Vauxhall very recently, loads of other parts have been changed since I've owned the car - idle air control valve, EGR valve, coolant temperature sensor, O2 sensor, head gasket was also replaced as it was leaking oil.

Now for the bad points :

- Bodywork has seen better days. There are a few dents/scratches which can be easily sorted out, however both passenger doors require sorting out and respraying due to surface rust right at the bottom of each door, caused by stone chips etc. Been quoted £350 by a Vauxhall main dealer to have this done, but should be cheaper at normal bodyshops.

- Tracking needs to be done, and possibly balancing of front tyres too. £40 at the most to have this done.

- Engine oil consumption is excessive (about 1 litre a month), low idle (550rpm), and sometimes misfires. If at worst case scenario the problems are caused by valve stem oil seals or piston rings, it may be more economically sound to get a replacement X14XE engine (which can be picked up for about £200 for a decent working example) rather than rebuild the engine.

Having taken into account the work that needs doing to the car, I have set a price of £895 which I think is fair, as this model and spec is quite rare, but am willing to accept reasonable offers.

Thanks for looking.
Sam
Premium Member

2nd Aug 05 at 07:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

T T T
Sam
Premium Member

16th Aug 05 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

T T T

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » 1997/P Vauxhall Astra GLS 1.4 16v 5 door auto for sale - £895 ONO 25 database queries in 0.0118620 seconds