corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » smooth boot..lighting for number plate etc help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author smooth boot..lighting for number plate etc help
Jas

User status: Offline
12th Aug 05 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a smooth boot with a gsi spoiler sprayed ready to go on my car... the only problem is i dont have the numberplate recess on my bumper! its doing my head in!

i wana get the boot on asap!

im think of some how bonding the plate to my rear bumper
(post 97) and gettin some sort of lights!

any tips.
instructions?
advice?

please please help!

what lights are best..

how do i fit the number plate?
mikehiow

12th Aug 05 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

find a car in the scrappy with a numberplace recess in the bumper, get the bumper, cut out the recess, cut out a hole in your bumper, bond it in, smooth it all in, spray up and enjoy

failing that mount it on the bottom of your bumper, and wrap a couple of white led's around the bottom of it, shining upwards

Rileysport

12th Aug 05 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ford sierra lights
Jas

12th Aug 05 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mikehiow
find a car in the scrappy with a numberplace recess in the bumper, get the bumper, cut out the recess, cut out a hole in your bumper, bond it in, smooth it all in, spray up and enjoy

failing that mount it on the bottom of your bumper, and wrap a couple of white led's around the bottom of it, shining upwards

is this legal mike? they wont say anything about having this?
RKS

12th Aug 05 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As suggested look around the scrappy for lights, and a resces, or make your own recess using some tin.

2 be honest i dont think that blue corsa would look good at all as hte number plate appears to be hanging under the bumper, and looks awful,
Jas

12th Aug 05 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id have mine actually on the bumper centrd
Jas

12th Aug 05 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant find no sierra light on ebay... help people! there are no scrappy's local nor are there any bodyshops! hence the reason i gotta do it this way
chumbly_warner
Premium Member

12th Aug 05 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just dont have 1. I dont have 1, but for my MOT i just cable tired the original light infront of the numberplate. It passed fine
mikehiow

12th Aug 05 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well, im not sure youd be allowed to have the actual LED visible, but you could create a small lip over them, but they couldnt complain about that,

I wouldnt have my numberplate there, it was just a photoshop, toying with ideas.

if you feeling adventurous, you could always create your own recess with the aid of some wood/tin, some fibreglass and some filler
RKS

12th Aug 05 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chumbly_warner
Just dont have 1. I dont have 1, but for my MOT i just cable tired the original light infront of the numberplate. It passed fine

Prob a £30 fine if you get stopped at night though.

Jason...

You need a numberplate recess in your bumper really, as i think it looks like half a job if it is just screwed flat to the bumper,

however if you want to go down the route of sticking it flat on the bumper You can also get LED bolts that spread the light backwards onto the number plate rather than outwards from the number plate. there should be some on ebay, or other online shops.

Jas

12th Aug 05 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

il just wait for the recessd bumper then mate.... thanks anyways peeps il let you know how it goes
mikehiow

12th Aug 05 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably wouldnt be a £30 fine, just say it was zip tied and it fell off, then you just have 7 days to rectify the problem

like i say, it really isnt hard to wire up a couple of white led's and put a lip over them,

when i get paid next friday, I think I'll smooth my numberplate light and try it, I'll post results
ShEp

12th Aug 05 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do as i did,.....

The number plate light comes outward on a corsa yes,...the bit under the light and the little lip where it sits, cut that out and turn the light upside down, smoothing off the rear of the light, square number plate under it and yer sorted, no need to go cutting massive holes and gettin recesses off other cars work with what ya got 1st

New Poll