corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Good deal?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Good deal?
Butler

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 05 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im going to look at a GSI tomorrow, trade, m reg, 107k miles on the clock, short mot at £995, is this a good deal for what it is? If they dont accept £995 with a new mot on the car should i forget about it?
Mattss Corsa

22nd Aug 05 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depending on the bodywork, and how its been looked after, i would snatch it up
Butler

22nd Aug 05 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Although im no mechanic, il give the engine the once over and take a look underneath, my only worry is that il miss something which will cost a hell of a lot to repair.
Mattss Corsa

22nd Aug 05 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the oil seals go on the gsi's, as i brought one with the problem that they drink oil. And its expensive tp repair aswell. Check it over, test drive. Check under the bodywork, for any accidents, if its been in any. Good luck, ive only had a GSI 3 weeks now, and i love it
Butler

22nd Aug 05 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK what should i be looking out for to see if the oil seal has gone? How much does that cost to repair? and will that be covered in an MOT? Also, can anyone link to the site to check a vehicles history as I have the reg. And any other common problems I should be looking out for?
Mattss Corsa

22nd Aug 05 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go on Auto trader, and print out the buyers guide, and go trough it with the owner, tick and cross the boxes as u go through it. You cant tell unless u check the oil everyday, so yourll gunna stuggle to "see". Just look see if the engine, runs and sounds ok, then its up to you! It wont be covered in a MOT.
Mattss Corsa

22nd Aug 05 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go on google, and type in HPI Checks or sumin along them lines
Butler

22nd Aug 05 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks mate will do, any other advice would be appreciated
mav

22nd Aug 05 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if they refuse to give you mot with it there may be something dodgy..

but at that price they more than likely will say NO to mot
Butler

22nd Aug 05 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what if i offer to pay for the initial mot cost on top of the asking price? then they have no reason to say no unless there is something majorly wrong?
Twiggy

22nd Aug 05 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
what if i offer to pay for the initial mot cost on top of the asking price? then they have no reason to say no unless there is something majorly wrong?

they prob be cant be assed with the hassle tbh mate! Just take a chance... its only a grand!
Butler

22nd Aug 05 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its my second car, i saved it up myself from a part time job, i earn 264 a month excluding overtime, i have the right to be scared. If it turns out to be a heap of shoot its everything down the drain
Twiggy

22nd Aug 05 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nahhh gotta be worth £1k in bitz!
Butler

23rd Aug 05 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK just got back from having a look, bodywork is alright, 1 minor bump on the bonnet and a scrape on the front bumper but all repairable, jacking point covers are missing and there a wee gap in the middle of each side skirt, one corner arch thing off one side skirt is off and in the boot, its broken and a little scratched. All bodywork looks repairable and reasonable for the price. The engine started each time, tried it about 5 or 6 times, the ecotec engine cover thing (not sure what you call it) is a bit loose and rattles when its revved but i assume it could be fixed. The engine also stutters a bit after its revved if you get me but i dont think this is a problem? The car didnt have a sunroof, i thought all gsi's had sunroofs Its also got a peco twin backbox on it, which is loud and loose and rattles when your going along. The bloke also said the power steering wasnt winding and he wasnt sure if the fluid needed topping up or if it was a problem, i forgot to check, would this cost alot to fix? Apart from the it seemed good for what it was, im not fully comp so the guy took my out in it and its fucking rapid Ive got bout 500 to spend fixing anything wrong with the car because i expect it. Il be goin back with a mate whos in the know sometime soon. If anyone can see anything majorly wrong with anything ive just said if you even bothered to read it then please say. Much appreciated
Butler

23rd Aug 05 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
Jake

23rd Aug 05 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds abused. You will know if the oil stem seals have gone because there will be smoke at high revs - if youve got a mate with a car to follow then he can look out for any goings on
AK

23rd Aug 05 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just buy it
Butler

23rd Aug 05 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam Kindness
just buy it

As I said, im going up with a mate whos pretty much a mechanic, hel give it the once over, i revved the engine at a stand still and got a mate to check for fumes, a tiny bit of smoke apparently but i put that down to the fact i just started it. I really want it though. If the power steering has gone how much would that cost to get sorted?
Butler

23rd Aug 05 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oook apparently i heard the bloke wrong, he said the pas wasnt whining lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Good deal? 23 database queries in 0.0145619 seconds