corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Car not starting

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car not starting
jools

User status: Offline
   2nd Sep 05 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, my corsa (N Reg X14XE Corsa Sport) has been SORN for about 8 months and in that time the battery went flat and the car was just left.
I have just put a new battery on the car and tried starting it but it doesnt want to go anywhere.
So i did a paperclip test and got the following fault codes, im not sure if any were present before i put the new battery on;

85 Immobiliser Wrong Signal
63 Amplifier control signal, cylinders 2 and 3 (Direct Ignition System (DIS)) Low Voltage
64 Amplifier control signal, cylinders 1 and 4 (Direct Ignition System (DIS)) Low Voltage
29 Fuel Pump Relay Low Voltage

If anyone can help me get this sorted i would be grateful, thanks a lot

[Edited on 02-09-2005 by jools]
chr15barn3s

2nd Sep 05 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only a guess but I would think its something to do with the immobiliser as you have a fault code for it and it sounds like its blocked the signal to the injectors and fuel pump so there is no chance of starting the car.

Just an idea but have you tried locking and relocking the car to try and reset the alarm and immobiliser after you changed the battery? Because when I have changed the battery in mine my alarm goes off straight away and i need to lock and then unlock it to shut it up.
jools

3rd Sep 05 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh i have tried unlocking and relocking the doors, the car does not have any aftermarket alarm on it. I guess im better getting it towed to vaux and handing over my wallet
Adam-D

3rd Sep 05 at 06:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does it have rcl on the keyfob?

do you have a different "spare " key for it?
jools

3rd Sep 05 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope does not have RCL, i have another a key but that doesnt have a chip in it, so when i put that key in the engine management light just flashes. Would buying a new ecu, ring and chipped key sovle the problem?
drax

3rd Sep 05 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you think about taking to to vauxhall and ask them what the codes mean before trying to buy a new loom and ecu

New Poll