corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » xe problem cv

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author xe problem cv
corsa120

User status: Offline
12th Sep 05 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im running cossvaux driveshafts and hubs am i assuming my cv's behind the brakes are larger ones from cav/calibra?????

also what wheel bearings do i have, reason im askin is i never did the conversion and i want this info for future referance

how much are cv joints and does anybody no what noise they make when there wearing out, because i have a kind of ticking/tapping noise when u pull away and when u change gear its coming from behind the driver side disc, im replacing lower ball joint first, any help appreciated
Greasemonkey

12th Sep 05 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ya CV joints are your wheel bearings for the front, CV joint make a clicking sound on full lock, sounds stupid but check ya break disk shield aint touching ya disks
corsa120

12th Sep 05 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont get the cv/bearing bit dude,

also its not on full lock its when wheel is in any position it clicks couple of times when u move off and when u change gear.

fresh_creps

12th Sep 05 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also get a noise coming from that area of the car but it's normally after I've been driving for awhile and my steerings off centre left. I've been told it could be my cv joints or my brakes
Fad

12th Sep 05 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right wheel bearing should be standard corsa ones (stick with GM stuff) as the hubbs are made to tke corsa bearings. As for CV's you should have big block CV's which 2nd hand should be around £15 each or might be easier to bu a new driveshaft from vaux which will come with the CV's reconned and attatched.

You will prolly find the outters go quite easily
corsa120

12th Sep 05 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing is dudee i have cossvaux drive shafts so if i buy ones from vaux they'd be wrong or do u mean buy the unit and just use the cv joint
Fad

12th Sep 05 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120
thing is dudee i have cossvaux drive shafts so if i buy ones from vaux they'd be wrong or do u mean buy the unit and just use the cv joint

yeah just buy the driveshaft and use the joints as its soooo much cheaper. Think its £90 for te driveshaft

New Poll