corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Renault Clio Trophy...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Renault Clio Trophy...
Stu

User status: Offline
14th Sep 05 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisD16v
i really like em, the only thing that puts me off is the fact that, it's a renault!!

Yeah, I do agree with that tho aswell!!
corsa5dr

14th Sep 05 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the difference between the 172/182cup and the trophy?
Stu

14th Sep 05 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think the Trophy has different seats and a few little bits like that but the main difference is the suspension set up using sachs race style dampers with remote air and oil cylinders.
CorsaControl

14th Sep 05 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was a stong raggable car i'd love it.. the fact that i drove it and it felt very breakable means i would be scared of ragging it and would not find it that fun..

Did not feel as quick or fun as a scooby WRX i drove... I expected it to feel very simlar but it did not impress me as much...
CorsaControl

14th Sep 05 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i had 10K i'd buy one for 7ish and save 3K for repair bills just incase and then rag the balls off it, then that would be fun
Stu

14th Sep 05 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be 100% honest I had a play with a 182 and even though he was nearly 150bhp down I thought it would be a lot quicker and nimbler than it was.

Still, Ive only drove a standard 172 and that wasnt really in anger so I cant comment. Only really going off what I have heard and the motoring press!

corsa5dr

14th Sep 05 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaControl
If it was a stong raggable car i'd love it.. the fact that i drove it and it felt very breakable means i would be scared of ragging it and would not find it that fun..

Did not feel as quick or fun as a scooby WRX i drove... I expected it to feel very simlar but it did not impress me as much...

How can you compare a small N/A FWD hot hatch with a rally bred 4WD 2.0 Turbo? Of course the Impreza is going to be more fun and quicker. Compare to other cars in its class, the Clio is pretty awesome.
CorsaControl

14th Sep 05 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa5dr
quote:

How can you compare a small N/A FWD hot hatch with a rally bred 4WD 2.0 Turbo? Of course the Impreza is going to be more fun and quicker. Compare to other cars in its class, the Clio is pretty awesome.

Because the press do... the clio is a 2WD car, no 4x4 to sap the power, full on 170BHP engine in a light hatch back with the best FWD handling in its class, the scooby WRX has 230BHP and there 0-60 is simlar WRX is about 6 and the Clio i have seen recorded before at 6.6... It felt wank comared to the scooby, 1st gear in the clio felt to me like a VTR, 2nd gear was a bit better but stupidly tourque steered, 3rd went well....

1st gear in the scooby was a rush, 2nd was good, as was 3rd ...
Cybermonkey

15th Sep 05 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont understand why people slate the Renault so much for build quality? the ones i have been in have been an excellent build quality and no rattles, even on a 10,000km demo car.
Cybermonkey

15th Sep 05 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Motor mag out here do some of the most intensive car testing in the world, and the Clio has appeared everytime in Bang For Your Buck and PCOTY for the last 3 years. it has come up against the stiffest of competition, and it is one of the most reliable cars going. these aussie nutters spend entire weeks ragging the arse off these cars, even crossing Australia in them in as fast a time as possible, and putting them to various 0-400m/1000m sprints, track days etc etc, many many Fords/Holdens/Audis/Mercs suffer some kind of failure, but not the mighty Clio

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Renault Clio Trophy... 23 database queries in 0.0124462 seconds