corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Turbo Corsa B 1600Gsi 2000 model

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Turbo Corsa B 1600Gsi 2000 model
pocket rocket

User status: Offline
   23rd Sep 05 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys i've got a corsa b 1600 gsi that i'm gonna turbo in about a months time. I'm from South Africa and over here they only make 8valve corsas, damned if i know why. Ive got hold of a astra 1600 16valve head and had it ported. got a toyota rxi throttle bodies to fit on it and the next astage is the turbo, garret t2.5 . Now the problem is there's absolutely nothing available in my backward country for corsa's. i can't find forged conrods over here and ive seen corsa conrods my pinkie is thicker than that. what is the maximum bar i can boost before the conrods wil brake. have any of you done a turbo conversion on a 1600. if so any problems araise? any advice will also be appreciated. also do you guys know about places that sell forged or steel conrods for a corsa?

Eat dirt m3.
Cybermonkey

24th Sep 05 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the standard conrods will not last long if you intend to go turbo, what sort of power uotput are you looking at for the t2.5?
James R

24th Sep 05 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can run abotu 1bar on a standard bottom end and use a thick headgasket arrangement. But with you running a different inlet, you may run less, but certainly 200BHP would be ok aslong as you werenl;t flat otu all the time.
Cybermonkey

25th Sep 05 at 02:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how does the standard crank hold up to big boost?
pocket rocket

25th Sep 05 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would love to run the turbo at 1 bar. gonna have a look at some golf 1100 conrods some time this week, old car mabye they brought ot out with steel conrods. its the nearest fit to corsa conrods, as for the cracnk ive got no idee. in our speed and sound magazine over here the guys claim they boost 1.4bar with std internals. no ways im gonna believe it. any idea guys where to find conrods on the net for a corsa???
pocket rocket

25th Sep 05 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hhehehehe sorry for all the spelling mistakes it's a microsoft keyboard
corsa5dr

25th Sep 05 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might be better to ask in General Chat mate this forums a bit quiet. Im sure someone with some knowledge will answer in there.

New Poll