corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Coilovers...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Coilovers...
Brycey

User status: Offline
27th Sep 05 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FK-highsport-coilovers-Corsa-B_W0QQitemZ8001322223QQcategoryZ40192QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

£319.

Worth the money? I dont want a harsh ride like you get from GMAX lowering kits, it'll be a Corsa B 1.28v on 15x7" Pro Race 1.2's.

Are those HighSport Coilovers any good? Recommendations?
antscorsa

27th Sep 05 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

coilovers will gie u a harshe ride than gmax i cna imagine as coilovers are meant for track rather than road comfort. so i heard
timrud_

27th Sep 05 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you hae the right poundage springs on your coilovers the ride won't be harsh. I bet 99% of people on here have the wrong ones.

I bought some AVO's that were ment for a Valver Nov, and the springs were around 100lb too soft.

Too soft springs = coilbound, which makes for a super harsh ride. I'll be putting near on 300lb springs on my Corsa. Mates Astra has some around that poundage and the ride is so smooth compared to mine over bumps.

So check what springs are on the coilovers before you buy. Obviously you don't have as much weight over the front end as mine, so you won't need springs as high as me.

broster
Premium Member

27th Sep 05 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id go for a decent damper and spring set up anyday over coilovers.... i didn't realise how cack my avos were till i drove a car with koni yellows
Brycey

27th Sep 05 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any links to these better suspension setups then please?
Siberia

27th Sep 05 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i find the koni's slightly harder that the highsports but in a positive way... much nice to drive...

my konis are set to 3/4 hardness...

gmax... i'd imagine are like the cheap bilstein kit i have in the girlfriends tigra... car handles like its on rails but fook me is it extremely rough and boing! boing! boing! bouncy

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Coilovers... 23 database queries in 0.0106430 seconds