corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Two electric window problems...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Two electric window problems...
the_legend_of_yrag

User status: Offline
13th Oct 05 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Two problems whilst i've attempted to fit my electric windows.

The first is when the window is on it's rollers ive done the window up but it doesn't go all the way up! So im presuming ive mounted the rollers wrong?

Ive lined the leccy windows up with the holes in the door from where the manual windows went temporally with screws as shown...

Which leaves the other two holes on the rollers without matching holes in the doors, so ive drilled holes in the doors for them. The window doesnt go all the way up!

So do i need to drill four new holes alltogether then for the rollers to be positioned correctly for the window to go all the way up?

Also i have door pops, and when fitting the windows, i used the loom that cam with them as it had the switch plugs on it and mine didnt.

Now all of a sudden ive closed my door, and the centrel locking is stuck on locked! So the pop wont work, and i've tried disarming the alarm for the locking to unlock and it doesnt, never had a problem with the old loom that was in the door, but cant use it as it hasnt got the wires for the window switches

Bit of a pain this
RobHayes

13th Oct 05 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i fitted mine, i didnt have to drill any holes for anything :s
James@CCC

13th Oct 05 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u shouldnt have to drill any holes. the electric and manual do use dif holes tho. also you should use rivets not screws
the_legend_of_yrag

14th Oct 05 at 06:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'temproally using screws'.....as it says good job as it seems like its in the wrong position.

When its lined up with the two holes shown, the other two holes on the lifters dont match up to holes in the door!
So if i move it about inside the door, the the holes shown that are screwd down go off from the holes in the door!
RobHayes

14th Oct 05 at 07:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i can be bothered before i go to work (if not il do it after) i'll go and remove my doorcard and take a pic of where i've got all the bolts etc, if you think that will help?
the_legend_of_yrag

14th Oct 05 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah that would be a great help mate cheers!

Think with the door being locked when they did my door solnoid they may have took out the centrel locking wires! Will have to go check!
RobHayes

15th Oct 05 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hope this helps
the_legend_of_yrag

15th Oct 05 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah that helps thanks mate!
the_legend_of_yrag

15th Oct 05 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In your bottom pic theres two holes to the right of the rivets for your motor, those holes are for manual windows i was trying too put them into those holes which obviously didnt match up!

Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

15th Oct 05 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you sorted it now? make sure you have used the right motor for each side as they both fit on each side, and i mounted the wrong side by accident and the window wouldn't go all of the way up
the_legend_of_yrag

15th Oct 05 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah guy i bought them off had marked them all working fine just got to replace the screws with rivets now!!!

New Poll