corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » NEED HELP from people who know stuff about computers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author NEED HELP from people who know stuff about computers
Dr Pepper

User status: Offline
16th Oct 05 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My computer is being a twat again

On startup i get a blue windows message screen come up just before windows is about to load up.

It says something about the "one of your disc drives needs verifying- would you like to run diskcheck... i do this and it comes up with an error messege and then loads up windows.

Windows then loads up as usual but all my usb`s are disabled-- i have to unplug them in and out to get my mouse and modem on... but they then work fine as usual.

I reckon it might be some kind of addware- so i have run microsoft spyware and adaware.--- this didnt work

I then went to start- run - "msconfig" and disabled all my startup programmes.

Nothing seems to stop this disk check shit and its starting to get on my nerves.

Anyone help????

[Edited on 16-10-2005 by Dr Pepper]
m1ke

16th Oct 05 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when you run diskcheck it should come up with the error and the problem it is most likely to be a missin file or a currupt file which needs replacing ,as spyware could of infected the file or adware etc , it is a comman problem on win 98 that the files fuck up, what system are you running mate ? ill try n post up the links to the missin files !!
fragpot

16th Oct 05 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Checkdisk needs a locked disk before it repairs anything...

Start > Run > 'cmd' > 'chkdsk /f'

It'll say something like do you want to run next time you restart, type y and restart.

New Poll